Is the Apple store really soldout of 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nightghost, Sep 21, 2013.

1. nightghost macrumors newbie

So i called apple store near me yesterday afternoon and all the stores said they were all soldout of all 5s but i dont believe them. They must have phones for people on the weekend or am i wrong. Anyway iam heading to the apple store right now and going to see if iam right.

2. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Apple stores, AT&T, Walmart, Best buy, Target, RadioShack...they're all sold out, is this your first time buying an iPhone on launch day??

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Absolutely. Never trust what they tell you! They really don't want to sell any phones, so they will purposely discourage anyone from coming in to buy one.

Actually, they have thousands of phones in stock.

You'll find out when you het to the store what a bunch of liars they are!

:rolleyes: <-----Please note...irony!

4. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

You will be lucky if you can get a 5s by Thanksgiving. Should have ordered early.

5. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

They get deliveries everyday for walk ins. Go at 10 am when they open or wait till around 11 or so. They use FedX so whenever they deliver.

Same thing happened last year nothing worse than a walk in that walks out with nothing. That's bad business.

Also last year you could check stock at 10 pm of stores in your area that did not sell buy the phone online and pickup in morning. Which was a great program but not sure they are doing that this year. Obviously yesterday they sold everything they had but tonight might be a diffrent story. Check with your store if that program still exist

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

They do get daily deliveries, so while they may be sold out at the moment, yesterday afternoon doesn't reflect today.

That said, if they get saturday deliveries I'm not sure if they would've came in late last night or some time today. You might be waiting for a very long time.

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

LOL! Why do you think Apple would lie about having them?

This place is something else:p

8. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

9. corys00 macrumors regular

And how would one ordered a phone that wasn't available for preordering,

10. noobinator macrumors 601

When it released it was a 1-3 day time frame until shipped. That has since moved to "October". (for USA at least)

11. alent1234 macrumors 603

The 5 was discounted to $149 last in November

I bet the same thing will be with this iPhone

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Easy; you ordered online the first day it came out at 12 pacific.

--------
    You can go and try your luck if they received something, but do remember the apple stores are all lying to you... They are hoarding the 5S so that the NSA doesn't get your fingerprints/tit/paw :p

13. steleven9 macrumors member

Apple store here in Birmingham, Al got another shipment late yesterday, but said they are not getting another until Monday. They only had 1 gold sprint 64, a few silver, and lots of gray

14. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

I think they meant ordering one at 3:01 AM when they went live.

15. beachbum1982 macrumors newbie

Just went to one store and told they had more but very very limited. They literally had 2 for each carrier.

16. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Yes, they are really out of phones and they are out of phones in the stores if the online ordering says they are out of phones at your local store.

It once took me till January to get a 64GB 4S a few years ago. I finally got one by driving an hour to a BestBuy in another city.

17. SHirsch999, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

I was just at an apple store in Freehold, NJ. They have no 5s' in stock, sold out all of them yesterday. I didn't ask when they might get more since I was just there browsing and my kids were playing on the iPod touches while my wife shopped elsewhere.

iPhone 5c's are available though. Someone in the store bought over $5000 worth of them under a business account.

18. dave420 macrumors 65816

The Apple store here in Annapolis has limited quantities of t-mobile and sprint phones. They are all sold out of AT&T phones. They did not appear to have any new phones today as compared to last night.

19. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

So how is in-store inventory doing on day 2?

Tried buying the 5S on launch day, sold out pretty quickly. Thinking of going back to Apple tomorrow and trying again. What was inventory like for you in your area yesterday and this morning?

Do the stores get new supply every day?

20. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

My local store got more 5S's in but they sold fast. The manager that I know there says he expects 5S's to trickle in everyday.

21. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

They should get a new supply several times a week. Not so sure about on Saturday but I hear they get some in on Friday to sell only on Saturday but I can't imagine they still have any left now.

22. alleyooptroop macrumors regular

There's stock at the Manhattan Beach, CA store. Am there now. Mostly verizon.

23. AceMason, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

AceMason macrumors regular

My local Apple store (South Coast Plaza) at the largest mall in the West coast didn't have any Gold or Silver for any carrier at all. Only space gray. For AT&T they only had 64GB.

24. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Any info colors?

25. cbanksy9 macrumors member

Went to about a half dozen ATT stores in Boston none have 16gb the ones that had them where 64gb only. Apple on boylston & south shore sold out. ****. Out. Of. Luck.