Is the Apple Watch 3 button more “clicky”

fel10

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
I just got my Apple Watch series 3 today and I love it but I just noticed the crown is a little more noisy than my previous watch. When you press it, you actually hear a click sound.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I just got my Apple Watch series 3 today and I love it but I just noticed the crown is a little more noisy than my previous watch. When you press it, you actually hear a click sound.
Mine is the same way. Some Apple Watch users reported a 'Softer', more quiet push and others have an audible feedback with a click. I think the tolerances vary with the Digital Crown.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Strange. I wonder if it has anything to do with the model? I have a gray edition, 42 mm Series 3, and I notice that the crown feels "mushier" than my SS, 42 mm. Series 2. There is no clicking sound. You also need to push and let go of the crown really quickly to avoid bring up Siri.

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
I've have several of each model (except the Edition) and the feel varies by unit. I like the clicky ones and do not like the mushy ones. I wish they were consistent. I just like the tactile feedback of the click.

I returned the Series 3 Nike - the crown barely moved and no click at all, while the side button was loose and had a lot of play. Seemed like poor assembly or tolerances.

Last edited: