Is the Booq Boa Case M the right choice for my 15" Unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jon-Luke, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

My current laptop carrier is an old Targus with the central Laptop Area, a section for cables, CDs, Portable Drives etc, a section for Documents and a separate front pocket for Small peripherals like USB drives, headphones, pens etc... I've had this bad for over seven years. It has diligently protected a Dell, a Sony Viao, my last MBP and now my Unibody MBP.

I've looked at the new Targus bags and to be honets they look like the old bag except the zippers and finish looks slightly cheaper. So I have been looking around for other options and my favourite so far is the Booq Boa Case M

[​IMG]

Does anyone out there have this bag? I would love to hear what you think. Is it durable? Does it hold documents well? Is there space for peripherals? Does it serve well when being used for hand luggage in planes? (Can you attach it to the trolley handle of your overnight case?) Any info or experiences would be welcome...

:rolleyes::apple:

2. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

I have the Booq Slimline XL bag and love it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Booq line.

3. qpid macrumors regular

4. applevik macrumors member

I can comment on the Booq Boa L for my MBP 17, if that helps. It has been excellent so far, with room for all of my peripherals and documents. I've used it for travel and the only complaint I see is the zippers are a little more resistant to movement than I'm used to with any other bag, and not sure if that's by design or not. The handle is extremely comfortable and there are a plethora of pockets. I got this bag to transport 2 laptops, and it has been very capable of doing this so far, without any signs of stress.

5. martinmartin macrumors 6502

Do you happen to have the Booq Vyper sleeve as well?

I'm curious to know if the laptop will fit in this bag if it's already in a sleeve.

Thanks

6. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

If you're in to spending some coin (which it appears you are looking at Booq) get a Tom Bihn bag. I'm a lifetime customer after getting the Zephyr for my work Thinkpad. Am currently looking into getting a Brain Bag and Empire Builder. Their bags are insanely high quality and the brain cell provides the best protection of any manufacturer.

I've heard questionable things about Booq's long term quality. Maybe that's why the warranty is a stingy 5 years...

7. ///M5 macrumors 6502

I have that bag, Booq Boa M, that carries both, the uMBP 17" and the MBA. It's a great bag, with lots of space, even with 2 laptops.

EDIT: each laptop is also inside its booq Taipan Skin sleeve, while in the bag.

8. applevik macrumors member

Martinmartin, I do indeed use the Vyper sleeve. The uMBP is in the sleeve, which nicely slides into the dedicated pocket.

I also carry a Dell Latitude E6400 in the same bag, along with all the power supplies/mice/USB headsets, etc, and the bag is performing flawlessly. So far, I'm pretty impressed. It does have a passthrough area on the back of the bag to attach to an overnight case or wheeled carry-on.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I love my Booq bag, but it's a Python. As for the warranty make sure you read it, as there is some tricky language in it. I don't regret not getting a Tom Bihn bag, it just didn't fit my needs.

10. martinmartin macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the new bag and sleeve.

I was surprised that my new uMBP didn't fit in my previous Booq briefcase (which I used with the previous MBP). Guess I'll be putting that one up for sale in the Marketplace - great briefcase for the 'classic' MBP.

Cheers.