Is the continued long shipping time putting you off buying the rMB?

Is the long shipping time putting you off buying the rMB?

  • Yes

    Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

    Votes: 6 42.9%

  • Total voters


macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Personally, it's cementing my decision to wait for Skylake. A 3-4 week shipping time is 3-4 weeks closer to the surely looming successor. If the BTOs were available immediately, I think I would've cracked by now.


macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2011
It put me off buying from the Apple Store, but not from buying at all. I wanted a BTO to get a French keyboard (living in Spain) but in the end, the wait would have been so long (3-4 weeks these days), I considered buying a 13" rMBP instead. In the end, I couldn't rationalize passing on the rMB. So I caved in and decided to put up with learning the Spanish layout (rationalized as: a challenge to expand my brain :rolleyes:). I bought it from a third-party vendor (PC Componentes), they had it in stock, space gray, delivered the next day. So, *so* glad I did. Best hardware I ever bought (after the iMac 5K and the first rMBP before that).

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
In Canada a 3-4 week wait for even the lowest model. I bought a Asus C-300 13" chromebook ($199 amazon-blue) and couldn't be happier. Maybe ill relook at the Macbook when the second generation is released.


macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
It was but then I just found a 512GB SG model at my local store today and went to get my wallet but called the local Best Buy and found a 256GB SG in stock so I went there with my 10% movers coupon and Best Buy reward points.


macrumors member
Sep 5, 2014
Torrance, CA
The 3-4 week estimated shipping time didn't affect me at all when I ordered the 1.3GHz model on June 21st. I also suspect the shipping time will be less than estimated. Even if it isn't, I'm not in a big hurry to receive it.