Is the current financial crisis planned in advance to usher in a new era?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by YS2003, Nov 20, 2008.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

The perfect storm of the current financial crisis could be more than a simple market miscalculation or reckless greed. I cannot help myself thinking this crisis has been planned in advance to replace the US Dollar as the world currency with a new global currency or regional currency. That would help create the one world proposed by the globalists such as David Rockefeller and other powerful international financiers, industrialists, mass media owners.

Bilderberg, Council on Foreign Relationships, Trilateral Commissions, North American Union (I think this does not exist yet), and etc are mentioned frequently in the internet by some people, who are summarily dismissed as a fringe group by the main stream media (which, by the way, is owned by the people who are members of the above mentioned organizations.

What do you think?

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I highly doubt it. Just because something bad happens doesn't mean it's a conspiracy.

P-Worm

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, just like Pearl Harbor was preconceived in order to enter the US into WWII, thus solving our economic crisis.

...And just like 9/11 was an inside job. And the Holocaust never happened. And oh, yeah, AIDS isn't real.

4. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Well, the general population dismisses this rather quickly. This movie gave me an interesting perspective to look at things.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1070329053600562261

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

all i had to see was that its by Alex Jones before I clicked out of it....

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

As they should. No evidence, no theory. ...It's the people who don't immediately dismiss these ideas that concern me.

You need to remember, the mere possibility of an event isn't justification enough to claim it actually happened. You need strong evidence, a feature which all conspiracy theories are fundamentally lacking.

Oh, by the way, you might be on to something: our society is clearly run by a single world order of lizard people.

7. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Well, I don't mind the mocking. But, sometimes, the so-called evidence may not be available for the general public. I am a skeptic on the whole concept of the conspiracy theory (the naming itself just gives the negative connotation). But, I started looking at what is going on in the world from the different perspective which is not openly promoted by the people in power.

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Yeah, and the rest of the world are just tagging alone to help it look authentic.

9. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Your perspective seems a bit awry. I think you need to redraw your vanishing points.

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's working, I believe it.

11. Queso macrumors G4

Yeah, and we're secretly ruled by shape-shifting lizards who live inside the Earth, which is actually hollow :rolleyes:

12. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Mental note to self: The next time a major crisis hits, remember to buy stock in a tin foil manufacturer.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yep, this was planned. No doubt about it.

Hey, I'm a Nigerian prince, and I just need your bank info to help facilitate the transfer of my vast forture, for which you will receive a big pile of cash. Can you help me out?

14. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

I thought you had gotten that idea form Zeitgeist, which at least tries to provide some sources. That movie is actually interesting, but it's a bit too far-fetched, and almost impossible to verify.

Although I guess that if it were actually true, people who supported that idea would be mocked. Just like you. But that still doesn't prove anything.

15. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Ok, I'd really love for someone to comment on Zeitgeist Addendum. It's about a similar topic to the one proposed by the OP. I admit that I don't know much about economy, but so far what I'm watching sort of makes sense. I'd like to hear objections to the arguments presented on the film, if anyone has them, since I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to analyze it myself.

16. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I think it was about as planned as having protected sex, and then getting pregnant...

17. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Plan? It would have to have been started decades ago, by seriously high-IQ folks with incredible amounts of access to economic and trade data, as well as an outstanding knowledge of human behavior. Oh, and the ability to stay focussed on their goal through such events as the Arab oil embargo of 1973 and various wars and changes in governments.

Never forget that Long Term Capital Management went broke, even though it was operated/guided/controlled by Nobel Laureate economists. IOW, really bright folks can screw up bigtime.

All the above doesn't mean that there are not people who'd like to see some sort of one-world system. But, just-folks people in general keep getting in their way. :)

'Rat

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

While most people in the world are pretty stupid, the smartest people in the world aren't as smart as the stupid people assume they are.

19. aethelbert macrumors 601

A global currency? But that would remove the motivation for European and British tourism in America. Economics is no fun without exchange rates.

20. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Prosperity - Crisis - Prosperity - Crisis

7 fat cows, 7 skinny ones.

Just ride it out. It always has happened and always will.

21. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

How would the conspiracy explain the many people who have been warning about and outlining the dollar decline for some time? If there were a conspiracy of such magnitude, wouldn't the power want to snuff out people like Jim Rogers and Peter Schiff who represent strong contrary views. They have been talking about an eventual collapse to the dollar for a very long time and they can be seen very regularly expressing their views of cnbc.

22. Desertrat macrumors newbie

There are certain advantages in being an Olde Phart, if you've paid some attention to the world around you during your years.

A hellua lot of that, "Now, Sonny, I remember when I was your age..." stuff is based on what really happened. Like coffee going from a nickel a cup to a buck and a half. 25¢ Budweiser at the local cafe. Brand new cars for under two grand.

You learn stuff: "You can't spend yourself into prosperity." That works for a society as well as an individual.

Okay, yeah, it took a few decades to put it together. I saw the effects of the Arab oil embargo of 1973. The inflation and then stagflation of the Carter era. Well, hey, if folks just keep on keeping on with the same patterns of behavior--whether in Congress or in the hood--you get the old "If A, then B" stuff.

Once Volcker's Fed-rate policies took hold and killed inflation, the lower tax rates and decreasing Fed rates set off a helluva GDP boom. But, folks got into consumeritis in those years and tried to spend their way into prosperity. So did our government.

Okay, simple: Saturday night sprees are inevitably followed by Sunday AM hangovers.

Economics 101 tells us that the more there is of something, the less any individual unit is worth. Well, check out the growth of M3, these last dozen years, and now look at what Congress and the Fed are doing with the printing presses. It ain't a plot; it's terminal stupidity. For now, the dollar is a haven. But, like the losers say after the game, "Wait 'til next year."

Some say this is all the end of the Bretton Woods concept of world money management. Okay, we might wind up with a bunch of changes; quien sabe? Maybe a different reserve currency. But it's no plot.

I really doubt that the Bilderberg crowd and any allied "plotters" envisioned the movement of world financial power to Asia--which is what's happening.

'Rat

23. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I don't think what's happened is a plot but rather the logical conclusion of the policies pursued by those in power. It's hindsight that makes it look like a conspiracy.

People say, "Wow, if we eliminate regulation and allow 30-1 leveraging some greedy bastards are gonna work the system until it fails! Why didn't we think of that before? It must be a conspiracy!" It's not, it's just us realizing we were stupid and greedy and not wanting to admit it to ourselves.

24. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Per StratFor, the incoming bosses will continue the same policies as of the last few months, so we'll have more of the same-old same-old. About like Hoovers' and FDR's doings in the '30s. Repeating the experiment, hoping for different results.

25. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I just checked my wood pile. No spooks in it. Just some dry leaves and spiders.

Uh-oh, spiders.