Is the Democratic Party finished?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Feb 23, 2017.

1. zin macrumors 6502

The people who have any chance of running the DNC are all jokes. The current front runner, Keith Ellison, is advocating impeachment investigations against Donald Trump. You had a woman who said her mission was to shut down white people. You have a former Obama Administration corporatist. You have a cable news host who is a borderline racist and social justice warrior.

Is the Democratic Party finished? They are rapidly becoming the American version of our Labour Party. A group of people so useless that the only thing they stand for is rebellion and who have no real ideas.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Yes. I'm glad you started this topic. The Democratic Party is dead. Trump is going to win so much that they are going to change our laws here to ensure he will be king and sovereign over our country until he dies and then pass on the role to Ivanka.

ETA: Less snarky - everything you just pointed out had a "clone" on the right this past election just about.

3. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Yes. They've been done for a while now. The election was the last nail in the coffin.

4. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

No. The corporations need democrats to distract the populous with social issues so they can continue to rape and pillage economically. Republicans don't have the stomach to be on the good guy side of social issues and that is their purpose, to be on the bad guy side of social issues which adds to the distraction of corporations raping and pillaging. Corporations will ensure these two sides always exist. They'll allow a 3rd party once they determine how to control and corrupt it.

5. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

Not to worry though, the biggest, saddest joke of all is running the country.

6. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

He's doing just fine. Can't say the same for the people who have a meltdown everytime he does something they don't like.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

LOL - Should we start listing Trump's meltdowns and lies whenever he hears something he doesn't like?

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Beats Hillary passing the role to Chelsea Hubbell. :eek:

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You mean....the citizenry of the country?

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

But now people are seeing the true GOP the dead will rise again.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Right lying like no one in office has ever done. Paring stupid tweets showing his stupidity. Making stuff up on the spot.

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

Let's hope so.
    I agree with absolutely nothing the democratic party stands for.
    I won't miss them.

It would be good if it would be conservatives vs libertarians in the future.

13. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I hope the cost of goods dramatically increases for you after Brexit.

14. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

That isn't very nice.

I certainly don't wish anything bad on the United States to come from the newly elected DNC head. It's not my fault they're a bunch of clowns.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

If you believe that - then they can join the 3 ring circus in the White House. That orange clown in charge included.

16. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

The majority voted for Brexit and I hope you get it.

17. nickcliborne macrumors regular

I think it depends on how fast we can fix the illegal problem.

When voting is more secure you'll see a major decline in democrat votes. In the first of many battles to come the city of Ft. Worth just prosecuted an illegal that voted 5 times in the past election. Her excuse was she didn't know she wasn't allowed to vote.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Then your too far out for rational debate.

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

It's your fault that you elected the head of the clown 3 ring circus

20. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Says the guy with a Hunter S. Thompson avatar. smh.

21. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I am saying this as someone whose political beliefs align more closely with the GOP than the Democratic party, and as a Trump voter(not my first choice, but it's what I did and I'm not ashamed of it).

4 years ago, everyone was writing the obituaries for the GOP-we'd had landslide losses in two elections in a row. We'd run two "soft" candidates in a row, throwing in a dose of minor insanity in '08, and had put them up against an overwhelmingly popular Democrat running for the office.

Politics and parties are cyclical. The Democrats are in "rebuilding" mode now, just like we were in the GOP in '08 and '12. They are no more finished than the GOP was in 2012.

22. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Not at all. Everything is cyclical. They will eventually have to become more centrist.

23. zin, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017

zin thread starter macrumors 6502

And just to point out, it isn't about bashing liberals as I am a liberal. It's about bashing the fake liberals that have transformed the Democratic Party into the party of war and identity politics. As it turns out, the current DNC leadership candidates seem content with continuing this trend.

The opposite has occurred here, but the principle remains the same. Jeremy Corbyn has transformed Labour into a party of incompetent dinosaurs who stand for nothing but rebellion.

24. Eraserhead, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And yet the Labour Party isn't dead.

25. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh it is. They have no hope in hell of winning an election with Jeremy Corbyn. They won't even come first in the local elections.

And I say that as a Labour Party member.