Is the drought almost over?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason1978, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jason1978, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013

Jason1978 macrumors regular

What I mean is will the iPhone 5s be a little more readily available now. Supply catching up with demand? Need to exchange my iPhone 5 a space grey 32gb and I want to be prepared in case I have to wait.

2. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

According to the order/shipping thread, Apple is still trying to get Gold iPhones purchased on launch day out.

So if you're looking for a Gold iPhone 5s, I would say no, the "drought" is not over yet.

3. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yah I can believe it. But no I'm looking for 32 gb space grey

4. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

No. Still hard to get with 2-3 week shipping time. More if you order through the carrier.

5. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

That really sucks. Best Buy seems to be getting them regularly but in smaller quantities.

6. ET3SW macrumors member

You might have luck with best buy or radio shack. I personally walked in and walked out with a 32gb space grey myself right after launch. I have known a few people to have luck that way or with the carrier stores. Although you did mention exchange. Are you trying to return a device and get a different one or is yours defective? If it is defective then that comes out of a complete different stock

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh really? Well I got it at best buy. I was on the reserve list..mine came in yesterday but there is a nick on the touch id crystal. Dont know if that is considered defect. I guess right. What stock does it come out of? bad or good thing?

9. macred macrumors regular

In my area both Verizon and AT&T have shorter wait times than our local Apple store. It pays not to assume, just call and check.

10. ET3SW macrumors member

What i was referring to was the apple store even if they do not have any for sales will more then likely have some for replacement devices(Warranty stuff). I am not sure whether or not that would qualify as a warranty repair. Does it hinder the touch id?

11. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

No. But it hinders my customer experience lol. The Manager said that they would have to call Apple and get them to ship one over as soon as possible. That could mean a week, hopefully not more. I don't understand why they cant give me one from their regular shipments, not from the reserve list, but when they get regular drop shipments during the week.

12. ET3SW macrumors member

Hmm not sure. If you have more then one best buy near you it might be worth it to call them and see what they say. Seeing as how you just got it, you should be able to just return it for a new one.

13. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Yah makes sense right. Well I can wait a little longer thats not a huge deal..I've already been waiting for like 3 weeks before I got the phone so..

14. ET3SW macrumors member

Yeah i wouldn't worry about to much. Pretend its not there and before you know it the new one will be in :)

15. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Yah :)

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why don't you just go to apple?
    They should have warranty replacements available.
    BestBuy or other stores are not usually the ones providing warranty service on your Apple device.
    And you know you have a full year AppleCare coverage so you can get it replaced later if it doesn't bother you that much.

17. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Because I don't have an apple store in my city. :/

18. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

It's crazy that people are still waiting for the 5S! I got mine on like Oct 2 and I thought I got it late! I understand it's because a lot of people aren't close to an actual Apple store. I even switched to silver from the space gray already since owning. My room mate grabbed his on launchday. You'd think nearly a month after release stock would be back to normal.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, that sucks.
    I think you can do it by mail and have an advanced replacement send to you.
    Then they send you a box to mail back your faulty device so you're not stuck without a phone.
    They will need a valid credit card to have on file in case you never mail back the old phone back.
    More info here:
    https://getsupport.apple.com/GetSASO?

20. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats going to take years lol. Thanks for the info I will atleast look into it. And ya it does suck.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    What will take years? Clicking a few links and filling out your shipping info and iphones serial number?
    Faster than waiting for best buy though;)
    Apple already has stock for warranty purposes. You don't have to wait weeks as if you were ordering a new one just so you know. Its a 2-3 day turnaround.

22. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I ordered a silver 32GB 5S on I think the 10th or 12th and got it on the 17th. If you need it ASAP, order it directly from Apple. Gold may take longer, but I think space grey is much more available.

23. Jason1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Really? Dont I get a refurbished phone though?

----------

Cant order it, I bought it from best buy on contract. Buying from Apple is buy right out correct?

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, all replacements could be phones with refurbished components.
    That's part of your warranty agreement.
    But either way you will not be able to tell the difference. Their refurbs are top notch quality.

25. Xerotech macrumors 6502

Apple is ramping up production now, which means there'll be a shortage for quite awhile. Also, don't forget they're launching on more carriers and countries.