Is the end times getting ready?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JagdTiger, Jul 29, 2019.

1. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

the end of times have been getting ready from the beginning of time :p

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Turkey is going to **** everyone up....stay tuned. /s

4. JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

I suppose that is or could be true.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

it is true, our birth was the beginning of our end.

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

7. TheFluffyDuck macrumors 6502

The End times are coming when in ~4 billion years the sun uses up its hydrogen and enters the red giant phase and swallows the Earth. So the Bible will be right eventually :p

8. cube macrumors P6

He likes fake?

9. AsherN macrumors 6502

Being born is a terminal disease.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

just like marriage is the leading cause of divorce :p

11. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

you got a point

12. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Good things those aliens (real ones, not the ones from Central America) taught early civilizations about what was going to happen in a few billion years and they put it in some books.

13. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Ha! Yeah I only thought PRSI could accommodate the occasional such thread.

Waaaaaaaay off the money on that one, I now realize.

As far as end times go, some of the predictions seem pretty looney to me, but some might be correct. The ones about climate change kicking us off the planet could be quite true. The ones about unexpected cataclysmic volcanoes and so forth, likewise. After all, it happened on Venus one afternoon and completely resurfaced the planet. Ouch!

The ones about rogue nukes, possible. It's not like anyone models self restraint very much any more.

But the end times predictions about the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and Death riding in on the pale horse, I dunno. All the sensible horses will have split for the mountains before we get around to seeing that one play out. Death will probably have to crawl into the climate-changed desert scenario to see if there are any of us still left to carry off.

Well there's always hope that vulture capitalism can somehow save us from our assorted failings. I wonder if those dudes are into conspiracy theories or they always just stick to watching the realities of overreach play out.

vulture capitalists cartoon.jpg

14. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

The killer awoke before dawn
    He put his boots on
    He took a face from the ancient gallery
    And he
    Walked on down the hall
    He went into the room where his sister lived
    And then he
    Paid a visit to his brother
    And then he
    Walked on down the hall
    And he came to a door
    And he looked inside

15. vrDrew macrumors 65816

In these dark days man tends to look for little shafts of light that spill from Heaven. My days are probably darker than yours, and I need, my God I do, all the light I can get. But I am a decent fellow, and I do not want to be mean and selfish about what little brightness is shed upon me from time to time. So I propose to share with you a tiny flash that has illuminated my sombre life

BTW: The link, while not really NSFW, does contain one word, or at least a homophone word, that's considered quite rude.

16. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Reminds me of the delicate situation I found myself in one day when explaining to a newish database administrator some of the exceptions one might make when formulating a userid from parts of an employee's name... the rule was take the first six characters of the person's last name, omitting apostrophes, "unless it would result in a duplicate ID or if the construction would suggest an inappropriate word, in which case use first five of first name and first initial of last name, then extend use of letters in the last name, not to exceed 7 characters, substituting a number for the last character to avoid duplicates if necessary." Anyway the new DBA was fresh off the boat from China, and our ID-creation rule was stupidly complex, and she was a proper young lady... So she never heard of the word suggested by the ID she proceeded to dish out as the default to the Italian-American guy who phoned me in a fury about five minutes after receiving his moniker: DAC***. We settled for FRANKD and then I decided to have the new DBA run her ID choices past me for awhile before issuing them. She insisted on knowing what "the bad word" was so I told her, and she appeared to treasure the idea she'd just learned a completely unacceptable NSFW term, even though I cautioned her not go to repeating it outside the workplace either...

On the thread topic:

Turkey... is well aware of the its own demographics and those plus the politics of its neighbors to the south. Part of what Erodgan says is for domestic consumption to shore up his base, and part of it is attuned to the fact that Iran and Syria happen not to be historically big fans of Israel either. What did we expect Erdogan to say in public? The Turkey-Israel agreement that still persists was always only meant to cut down distractive, expensive sidebar hassles between the two nations anyway. It was hardly some kind of celebration of soulmates. Just pragmatic. Just like what Erdogan's saying now. I doubt Israeli diplomats spilled their morning coffee over it.

17. LordVic macrumors 603

Everyone who has ever breathed O2 has died :p

18. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

Diatomic oxygen? I haven’t.

19. LordVic macrumors 603

!remindme 100 years

:p

20. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Or drank dihydrogen monoxide.

21. LordVic macrumors 603

Thankfully I exist on a steady diet of Coffee

22. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

23. JagdTiger, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019

JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

Isreal may start too if Russia gets involved with turkey and has the same idea.

24. Herdfan macrumors 6502

One of my daughter's classmates last name was Hancock. Fairly common name, at least around here.

But every time the school computer printed out his name it came out as Han****. LOL

25. chown33 Moderator

Staff Member

There's a technical term for that:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem