iPad Is the gesture to go to the home screen still stuffer for everyone?

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
I'm on iOS 7.0.4 and the gesture to go to the home screen (swipe in with 5 fingers) is still not smooth. It stutters half way through the animation...

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
I'm on iOS 7.0.4 and the gesture to go to the home screen (swipe in with 5 fingers) is still not smooth. It stutters half way through the animation...
I just tried it on my ipad 4 and by god you're right. It stutters during the animation. I think I'll need to visit my doctor now.

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
That's probably the only thing annoys me on iPad. I'm sure it'll be fixed with 7.1 (unless you're JB)

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
It also depends on the speed with which you pinch 4-5 fingers, try the gesture a little slower, keeping your fingers on the glass, and the animation won't stutter and offend your delicate sensibilities.

As a bonus, you can reverse the gesture before the operation is fully completed if you change your mind, and watch the home screen icons swoop in and out in slow motion as you pinch— it's like watching an expertly choreographed app-launcher ballet!

Still, I feel as many others do around these forums, the stuttering animation glitch in 7.0 is just about the worst thing in the world and every time it pops-up I want to slit my ****ing wrists.

:D

s2mikey

macrumors 68020
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Just tried it a few times on my Air. No issues here.
Nah, not with this gesture but a few of the new ones aren't as smooth as they could be. Nothing big and I expect an OS release will take care of some of the trivial movement issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.