iPad Is the gesture to go to the home screen still stuffer for everyone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Random 995K, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Random 995K macrumors 6502

I'm on iOS 7.0.4 and the gesture to go to the home screen (swipe in with 5 fingers) is still not smooth. It stutters half way through the animation...

2. Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

I just tried it on my ipad 4 and by god you're right. It stutters during the animation. I think I'll need to visit my doctor now.

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

It does that on iOS 7.0-7.0.4, but it has been fixed in iOS 7.1, so wait for that to come out in a few months.

4. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

That's probably the only thing annoys me on iPad. I'm sure it'll be fixed with 7.1 (unless you're JB)

5. gatearray macrumors 65816

It also depends on the speed with which you pinch 4-5 fingers, try the gesture a little slower, keeping your fingers on the glass, and the animation won't stutter and offend your delicate sensibilities.

As a bonus, you can reverse the gesture before the operation is fully completed if you change your mind, and watch the home screen icons swoop in and out in slow motion as you pinch— it's like watching an expertly choreographed app-launcher ballet!

Still, I feel as many others do around these forums, the stuttering animation glitch in 7.0 is just about the worst thing in the world and every time it pops-up I want to slit my ****ing wrists.

:D

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Just tried it a few times on my Air. No issues here.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Nah, not with this gesture but a few of the new ones aren't as smooth as they could be. Nothing big and I expect an OS release will take care of some of the trivial movement issues.