Is the incase slider supposed to be impossibe to slide off?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mjmar, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I just got it for my 3Gs, and I'm trying to take the bottom part off and it's impossible! Maybe it's supposed to be difficult, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a slider case? Does anybody else have a problem with this case?

2. V4705 macrumors 6502

maybe its the stickiness of the silicone rails inside, it can happen with every similar case.
    i don't think it will be like that every time.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Get the one that is at the Apple Store in the black packaging that looks like an egg carton.

Im serious. Its the newer version and the bottom comes off like "that."

4. Sn0wleopard macrumors newbie

No, but it IS supposed to scratch the hell out of the bezzle and back. That's why I throw a Best Skins Ever on the back and bezzle and glossy film on the screen.

5. bcs732 macrumors member

Do you mean the best skins ever back fits the incase slider?

Actually, i know the full back of the best skins ever doesn't fit. I don't know though if the simple back best skins ever fits. Can anyone verify this?

6. Rayfire macrumors 68030

Rayfire

Nope not even the simple back. All skins doesn't go well with Incase sliders.

At OP, you've got a bad case right there :(

7. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

I only bought it a week ago... do you guys think it's worth it to exchange it?

8. 3GROC macrumors newbie

I returned mine after a week. the bottom of the case was impossible to get off but the top of the case came off if you just shook the phone.

9. Cap41 macrumors 6502

I had no problem with fit. But, it seems to kill my data signal, and voice signal when i am using them. I drop calls all the time. Or data stops i never had this issue before. Whats Apples return policy?

10. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

I returned my case to target, and got the one in the new packaging at the apple store... Still the bottom doesn't come off right. Oh well I'll just keep the case and not use the removable feature.

11. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

I returned my case to target, and got the one in the new packaging at the apple store... Still the bottom doesn't come off right. Oh well I'll just keep the case and not use the slider feature.

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

You returned a used case to Target? Did they give you a hard time? I want to return my case to Target as well but I thought they only accepted returns of new, unopened items.

13. Animalk macrumors 6502

I have had my case for almost a month now. At first it was perfect, and the bottom came off with a little effort but not too much. Now the top comes up before the bottom. The bottom piece is extremely tight on my iphone.

I have not heard or seen this "new packaging". I wonder what they changed if anything at all.

14. SuperKat macrumors regular

Break In

After about two weeks mine has become slightly easier to remove. It was really difficult at first though.

15. gg4 macrumors newbie

I learned this the hard way... :p