Is the Ipad Air 2 still a decent buy can it run the latest OS

Discussion in 'iPad' started by holden j caufield, Apr 12, 2017.

1. holden j caufield macrumors newbie

I'm buying this for someone and I see them in the used market for around 200.

2. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

The iPad Air 2 is still a decent iPad and yes it can still run the latest OS. I've got them for my kids and they handle their games just fine.

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

The Air 2 is arguably better than the iPad that launched this month! It definitely still runs the latest OS, and is likely to be able to keep getting updates for a few more years at least.

4. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

Previous generation processor compared to the 2017 iPad and not as quick, but still good. Price should come down for the Air 2 as the 2017 iPad gets more distribution too.

5. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Pretty close in performance with the new iPad. I noticed better battery life and less lagging but not a huge difference. I mostly upgraded to get 32gb over 16gb.

6. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

I have not seen the new iPad but the screen is supposed to be worse so Air 2 must still be the preferred version. It is after all the screen you use..

Mine is running fine with 10.3 and will probably serve me another 3-4 years since I only use it for video and websites.

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

For $200, still a decent buy. That said, highly recommend getting at least 32GB unless that someone will not be downloading anything. Apps nowadays are massive.

8. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I agree. I still manage with 16GB on my iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4 because I don't really play any games, I stream all my videos and music, and all of my photos are uploaded to Google Photos so I can regularly delete them from my devices, but even after all of that, my free storage is slowly dwindling.

Thank God 32GB is becoming standard, because that will be more than enough storage for me for years.

9. Jodiuh macrumors 6502

Owned both an Air 2 and a 2017 iPad "5" over the past couple weeks.

Air 2 has an older CPU and WiFi chip. Combined, the Air 2 felt noticeably slower in general web browsing than the 2017. It will only get worse.