Is the iPhone 5S ready for a Sept 10 event?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lolkthxbai, Sep 2, 2013.

1. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Is there still time for invites? I feel as though it might not be ready. I mean, we've seen the shell of the 5S and practically the iPhone 5C entirely, down to the mannual and packaging. Where is the 5S? Could Apple be more concerned with keeping the fingerprint sensor more of a secret than the 5C?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Yes it is.

The biggest date you need to know is Sept 20th. That is when the wireless carriers have blacked out employee vacations to ensure they have enough staff on those days for the release.

3. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

You have to admit there's a feeling of uncertainty about it. I'm just anxious to see the damn thing already? Anyone else feeling the same?

4. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

Did you mean to place order after the event? I think the ordering will take place on the 13th and phones will be on our door step by the 20th.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

There have been leaks of the 5S since last december.
    Nothing justifies your "anxiety" about a release.

6. paulsdenton macrumors 6502

paulsdenton

They haven't released the Golden Master for IOS7 yet so will the iPhone 5 ship with IOS6 and be updated later? I wouldn't think so...

I hope it doesn't ship with a half-cooked operating system.

7. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

8. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Source?

9. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Go ahead and read the rest of the post that you quoted.

10. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Ahhh... like I thought, no source.

11. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Source that mobile operators say they cant take holidays is source enough...

12. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Thanks borgqeenx for having good common sense, unlike some other members here :)

13. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

If invites don't go out by Tuesday or Wednesday, then the event may not be held on the 10th, but there is plenty of evidence for it to be held on the 10th. So I wouldn't worry too much. I won't be surprised if invites don't go out today since it is labor day.

14. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Common sense != proof of anything
    That doesn't mean the 5S is ready, it just means that something will be ready (5C, 5S, or both)

Furthermore, I never said it WASN'T ready, I just asked for a source... Which I haven't been provided with. Not even a source for the can't take vacation off claim

15. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

You need to disconnect from the Internet forums for a week or so. It will keep your mind off it.

16. gonzalo12345 macrumors member

expect the invites to roll out tomorrow for the september 10th event, along with the GM version of iOS 7

17. hagr182 macrumors regular

can´t afford a new iphone for cheap until October 2014, stupid Telcel contract!!
    tough upgrading from a 4S to a 6 (If its called that) should give me an uber upgrade feeling or something in regards of speed:rolleyes:

18. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

Could not agree more. Either Apple has done an amazing job hiding the alleged fingerprint sensor (and one little picture of the alleged new shaped home button hardly counts) or we are in for a huge disappointment.

Love the iPhone and have had every one this far but frankly I'm tired of the "S" updates. And please don't mention faster specs. In today's world that does not cut in any longer!

19. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

No GM tomorrow.

20. davenport-jr, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013

davenport-jr macrumors newbie

Even if I was invited, I probably wouldn't go. I mean unless it was free.

21. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

You would really have to hate Apple to not accept their invitation. I think even then, if you "hated them", like google, you would still attend just to see what the competition is up to.

----------

Yes! I'm glad we both agree. I too am a underwhelmed with "S" updates but I wouldn't blame them since most of the time iPhones are bought under contract so, it's not too bad waiting 2 years for a "revolution" for some people. And from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 was a big deal.

22. davenport-jr macrumors newbie

It's not that I'd be hating Apple, you know, that's a little overdone. You just don't need to go to every event. The website tells all.