Is the iPhone 6 also prone to bending easily?

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I know the 6+ has all attention around it concerning the bending issues. What about the 6? Will a warm iPhone 6 be prone to bending easily as well? Makes me a bit paranoid... I even checked the straightness of it just a bit ago. :eek:

odds

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2014
Los Angeles
Don't believe all the hype/controversy surrounding the iPhone 6/6+'s vulnerability to bending. The subject is massively overblown. I don't own a 6 or 6+ but I can guarantee that if you're not a dimwit with the way you carry and store your phone, you're not going to have to worry AT ALL about bending your phone.

If you must wear super skinny jeans, then find another way to carry your phone than your pocket.

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
i dont know why people are harping on skinny jeans causing this, everyone who has complained has been wearing regular pants!

ThaRagingAsian

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2014
I know the 6+ has all attention around it concerning the bending issues. What about the 6? Will a warm iPhone 6 be prone to bending easily as well? Makes me a bit paranoid... I even checked the straightness of it just a bit ago. :eek:
yes, with a little force, you can bend any phone.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Don't believe all the hype/controversy surrounding the iPhone 6/6+'s vulnerability to bending. The subject is massively overblown. I don't own a 6 or 6+ but I can guarantee that if you're not a dimwit with the way you carry and store your phone, you're not going to have to worry AT ALL about bending your phone.

If you must wear super skinny jeans, then find another way to carry your phone than your pocket.
some iPhones probably have weaker aluminum shell casings then others, probably bad batches or so, but I cant believe the idiots who believe you cant bend other phones with the same pressure applied like in that i6 Plus video where the guy is bending the phone with his hands

give me any smartphone, and I will bend/flex it the same way the guy did it to the 6 Plus

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
Don't touch it. Touch it and it bends. It bends fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't Put it in your pocket. Don't wear tight clothes. And don't touch it. Good Luck.

People assume that bending is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big rectangle of bendy wendy... Wibble-y wobbley... stuff.

Atomic Walrus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2012
Just to give a less derp-y answer....

The actual structural integrity at the weakest points (buttons and sim tray) is going to be essentially the same, however the much smaller body means that normal situations the phone finds itself in (such as in a pocket while sitting) can't apply nearly as much torque to the phone and bending is going to be far less likely to occur.

I'm not interested in addressing how much of an issue this actually is (I have no data), but purely in relative terms the "easy of bending" will tend to go 4/s < 5/s < 6 < 6+ simply because of the length of the devices relative to thickness.

iregret

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
Apple sold 10 million iPhones. 2 people, on macrumors, somehow bent theirs. Yup, it's a catastrophe.

nickdylan

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2012
Hopefully not. Just got AppleCare+ though after reading about all the bent screens, just in case.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati OH
It appears to be a combination of heat (being kept in the pocket for awhile) and undue force on the phone when in the pocket (i.e. sitting). Don't sit with it in your pocket. Get a holster or a fannypack :D

edlex

macrumors 68000
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Don't touch it. Touch it and it bends. It bends fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't Put it in your pocket. Don't wear tight clothes. And don't touch it. Good Luck.

People assume that bending is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big rectangle of bendy wendy... Wibble-y wobbley... stuff.
I almost spit out my cabernet... Thank you I needed the laugh today #

scrtagntman

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
It appears to be a combination of heat (being kept in the pocket for awhile) and undue force on the phone when in the pocket (i.e. sitting). Don't sit with it in your pocket. Get a holster or a fannypack :D
Heat? You know they make engines out of aluminum right?

And a holster or fanny pack is not an option. At least for me. Hopefully my 6+ doesn't bend. If it does, screw Apple and I'll just go suffer Android a while longer.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2008
This is so dumb. Two people have bent phones here and it's viral. I'm sorry but that guy in the video was still using force to get the iPhone bent. So whatever. Either way glad I have the 6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.