Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
My niece went to the verizon store to buy one and he said they were backordered until November..truth?

How can I check local availability online?

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Depends where you live, capacity, and carrier. Near me they're prett much out of stock everywhere. Some store have the 128GB models, but that's about it.

JoeTomasone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
I saw an electronic billboard today on I-275 in St. Petersburg, FL showing an ad from Target saying that the iPhone 6 was available in store today... I thought that was interesting on several levels.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
I ordered from Verizon well after launch day. I wanted to see the reviews and hold the Plus before ordering. I think they quoted me about a three week shipping and I got the phone in a week.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
My niece went to the verizon store to buy one and he said they were backordered until November..truth?

How can I check local availability online?
Apple website shows availability but you'd have to check individual SKUs. If you want a quick overview, there's SeaTurtle, iStockNow and iDeviceChecker. If you order directly from online Apple Store, it's shipping in 7-10 business days for all iPhone 6's and 3-4 weeks for the iPhone 6 Pluses. I'd say that's a pretty no hassle way for a guaranteed iPhone with the exact size, color and carrier you want.

Last edited:

grtwhtsk

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
Harrisburg, NC
They had some 128 yesterday at my local Apple store, but none showing today. That's for Verizon. They seemed to have some AT&T in other sizes. Person at the store told me they are getting some every day, so keep trying!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.