Is the iPhone 6 really worth 812$

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Oct 10, 2014.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I paid 812$ for my iPhone 6. T mobile version.

It has a very loose home button that moves back and forth.

Black paint missing from camera lens.

A yellow tinted screen.

It's also my first time using a non jail broken iPhone since 2011. iOS is so locked down its insane.

My battery life on my 6 and pictures are extremely identical to my 5S.

Went to the apple store today to compare my 6 to displays and a lot were poorly made. Loose buttons. Poorly calibrated screens.

Haven't ever been so disappointed in any iPhone model before and I've had every iPhone to date. Used the 6 plus but was too big for me.

2. doboy macrumors 68000

If it's not worth it to you then you should just stick with your 5S. To me it's worth it enough to keep it even though I can get much cheaper high end android devices.

3. Zxxv macrumors 68040

sounds like you got a bad egg I mean apple. Only thing loose on mine is silent switch and screen is nice. take it back if your not happy :)

4. 617aircav Suspended

Loose it then. If you can't decide then that's on you.

----------

You actually believe this guy?

5. Zxxv macrumors 68040

I believe someone might be reading :) someone in need of support and advice.

6. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

already returned it. gonna rebuy when iOS 8 jb releases.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

You will save nearly $200 by getting one off Swappa.

8. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Sounds you had bad luck. My unit is absolutely flawless.
    Take it back and exchange for a new one.

Edit: read you already returned it.

9. accountforit macrumors 6502a

I don't believe it. NONE are flawless.

10. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

There are no imperfections in the screen (I use Spotter to check for dead pixels and bleeding), I don't have a 'yellow' display, there are no dents or scratches on the back or on the display. There are no loose buttons or rocker switches, there is no paint chipping off. I got a good unit, and I dare to say most of them out there are like this too.

Want me to nitpick? The phone wobbles when I lay it flat face down on a table. It did this right out of the box. And you know what? I don't care it does this. The phone looks straight to the eye and it works like a dream. It is flawless to me.

Edit: checked it on three tables in the house. It only wobbles on one of them. So yeah, there may be nothing to complain about after all.

11. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Just curious, what were the jailbreak tweaks you would use to unlock iOS?

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

OP, sounds like you have issues with yours, I'd return it, for a refund and/or exchange it.

So far on my IP6+ I've not noticed any defects or issues (knocks on wood)

13. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

14. lyceumHQ, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I don't know about the OP but I've always done the same. Kept the iPhone I have until the jailbreak is released. Then upgrade.

For me it's simple things like folder in folder, no app limit in folders. Being able to have an invisible dock. Being able to hide apps I don't need and will never use but apple won't let me remove (or stocks, compas etc). Removing icon/folder names (I know what it's called. I downloaded it/created it. They just add clutter to the home screen). Same with page dots. I know how many pages I set up. Themes. Because I dislike the iOS 7 design. Having the date in the status bar. Quick reply to SMS. I know iOS 8 has this but it's still got a long way to go before it's anywhere near as good as biteSMS. Being able to have the controls I want in control centre. Not the controls Apple tell me I need (I have airplane mode, respring, 3G switch etc). I shrink the icons to 90% simple because I prefer that size. I don't have to stupid ios7 signal dots.

Here's a shot of my home screen. 80% of it is down to jailbreak tweaks.

[​IMG]

I know it might seem stupid because I could easily get android and not have to worry about jail breaking but IMHO you can't better a jail broken iPhone. All the stability of iOS and the slickness but with customisation. It is for me personally the best phone available when jailbroken. I don't care what spec sheets say. My jailbroken iPhone beats every other phone I've ever seen (in my opinion anyway).

15. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

A jailbreak doesn't fix all the hardware problems you say you've seen.

16. Menel, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

Menel macrumors 603

Menel

If I had paint on my camera lens, I'd be upset also. Pictures are so close to your 5S... you should check for black paint on its lens as well.

Maybe you should look into why you keep getting black paint on your lenses.

17. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I would try exchanging it as it sounds like you just got one with problems out of the box. It happens every now and then. Not all of the 6 and 6 Plus are bad. My iPhone 6 is perfect so far. The screen looks great and all buttons and switches feel solid.

18. darknight007316 macrumors member

19. itjw macrumors 65816

Yes. It is.

Since my opinion matters more than yours (or you would have just returned it by now given how much you hate it...) I say return it

Then send me $40. No reason. Just want to see how far you'll go not being able to decide on your own :p

If you don't like something, why would it matter if everyone else does? Go get your 5S. Sounds like that was the perfect phone for you

20. HEK Suspended

HEK

It would appear over 20 million people think so, so far. Course for those that don't think so, there are plenty of other choices. Including keeping what you currently have. Nice to have a choice.

21. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

OP, alot of us here would think it's worth it. If it's not to you or yours is defective in any form, just simply return it.