Is the Islamopocalypse really upon us ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by whoknows87, Sep 17, 2012.

1. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

It is clear that the media has no intention of painting muslims as peaceful human beings who to anyone surprise got a long with christians and Jews just fine in the past and until this day, it is more beneficial to a select few who dominate the news arena to paint them as savages, stuck in the stone age type of people,. I have a problem with the media reducing a religion of almost 2 Billion followers to a select few that number few thousands at most and chose them to be the face of Islam , it is easy to understand why most Americans are confused or always Link Islam with terror etc without looking at any facts why? because those facts aren't being told on your TV monitor, you have to go dig deep to find that kind of information out, whatever the news tell you that's what you will base your opinion on, the media is making your decision for you , forming your opinion to help push their Agenda, this is no conspiracy theory talk, this is reality , not just about the Middle east , but elections, policies etc.... I have a problem with the media showing you pictures that are taking by skilled photographer to fir your mental image of Islam NEWSKWEEK Cover, written by an Ex Muslim who is an atheist a Somali Woman who wrote Theo Van Gogh's screen plays, and that's who you choose to write a story for you about Islam? really America, lastly if you think this is all about a Movie you are mistaken, the movie is part of it , but always look at things in context and look at the cause and effect and most importantly look at America policies and history in the region , we have installed some of the meanest, blood thirsty dictators that made their people suffer under our watch as long as the dictators said yes to our interest, we turned away out and choose to be blind, but when they said NO , we deployed our troops and most importantly deployed our Cameras and photographers, remember a picture is worth a thousand words, you might not remember a speech, but you will aways have a picture saved in your Hard Drive, My 2 cents and now I can leave, to remain silent is to allow ignorance to spread , silence is not always Golden

2. dime21 macrumors 6502

Really? Muslims "got along just fine" with Christians and Jews until now? Huh?

Let me guess, History was never your favorite subject in school? Lol.

3. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

hmmmm they never got a long? you do know that the middle east comrprises of both muslims and christians, they do not slaughter each other because of religion if there is a conflict it's purely political, pre 1947 where did the Arab Palestinian and christians live? take it a few years back and look at Spain when they were under Islamic Rule.....and I don't know my history...:D

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

There are peaceful Christians, Jews, and Muslims, just like there are militant versions of those same groups. I'd argue that the Middle East holds a concentration of militant Muslims and Jews. Militant Christians? I can reference the Crusades, but today I don't know... ;)

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I think the most militant we have today is the Westborough Baptist cult, but they're not really militant they're just stupid.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Eric Rudolph, just sayin'.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Never heard of him. I have a feeling though he's someone I should google when not at work. (Anything hate group related is blocked at work).

8. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

That would be the KKK. Common thread among them all is that they use religion as a mask for their hate.

It really shouldn't fool anyone.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I was thinking of the Middle East when I wrote my response, but KKK is valid! :)

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Islamopocalypse?

Utterly ridiculous.

Look back though history.

This is a cakewalk compared to what we managed to work through in the past.

11. champ01 Guest

There are no Muslim problems
    There are no Christian problems
    There are no Jewish problems

THERE ARE ONLY HUMAN PROBLEMS

Stop putting others and yourself in a box with a label.
    Stop the stupidity and question the morals from your own culture.
    Experience other cultures and learn how the environment shaped your values.

GET REAL!

12. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

A group of 40 people sure do stir up a lot of hate. Then I saw their domain name, and thought to myself, seriously? www.godhatesfags.com

These idiots protest military funerals, because the military protects our rights, and therefore is pro-gay, so they praise the death of a Soldier.

Yeah, they're just stupid for sure.

13. elistan macrumors 6502a

If you look at it from the point of view that they're a law firm that scrupulously adheres to legality while provoking others into illegal activities, suing them, and profiting from that, they're not "stupid" or "idiots." Rather shrewd, actually. That doesn't mean they're not despicable and a waste of space, because they are, but you have to understand their goal and method. Stuff I've read suggest they don't even believe what they say, they just needed a cause as offensive as possible that they could exploit. :mad:

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'll add:
    Learn about fanatical beliefs and intolerance. Here's a simple test. Walk out into the public square in a Western Country with a loud speaker and proclaim that God/Jesus SUCKS. Now do the same thing in Egypt except this time proclaim Mohammed Sucks. You'll learn a lot. ;)

15. Happybunny macrumors 68000

After the **** that christians pulled here in Europe for the past thousand years, I would rate Islam as just a beginner in human abuse rankings.:(

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Luckily we judge behavior by norms in this century and not centuries past. This is why basing your morals on a book created thousands of years ago is a bad idea. I can't imagine the amount of idiots that were alive back then when these religions were created.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

But when considering the the severity of a situation and the ability of humans to withstand them, why limit yourself to the last 100 years?

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Because humans are supposed to be evolving. I am not going to say "Hey, you didn't kill as many people as Christians did during the crusades, keep killing". That is a ridiculous way to think of things, Islam is ridiculous, along with every other religion on the face of the earth.