Is the latest presumed iPhone 6 leak real or fake?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ionjohn, Sep 6, 2014.

?

Is the latest presumed iPhone 6 leak real or not?

1. It's the real thing

75 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. It's a hoax

47 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

I think the question is whether the phone in those videos is actually real or not, not whether that's what the iPhone 6 will look like. Now I think the phone in that video isn't the real deal because of the length of the minute hand on the clock icon.

2. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

So vote no, it's a hoax.

Voting "it's the real thing" means it's 100% legit, 100% apple, running real apple software, the exact same device that will be unveiled tuesday

Voting "it's a hoax" means it's a fake device, not an actual iPhone, some knock off chinese copy or whatever. It's not running real iOS so therefore it's not an iphone

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

That one on the front page is pretty much the real deal. Just get your wallets ready to order.

4. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Done. :)

5. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

What about a middle ground? It could be the real hardware (or at least shell), but it might not boot and the screen is simulated. That seems really likely for a lot of the leaks.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

This video settles it for me. It's the real deal. Same guy as the leaks earlier today, I believe.

:apple:

7. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

Yeah that really looks like the real deal.

8. Charadis macrumors 6502a

It's either real, or I'd like to buy my first Android device so I can put whatever iOS skin on it that works so smoothly like that.

So I vote real. Sent from my iPad.

9. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Holy **** YES I think this is definitely REAL!!! Wish the review is more in depth and detail though.

I've notice the icons are smaller, not sure if I like that move :confused:

10. Izauze macrumors 6502

So the question really is do you believe:

A: that someone manufactured an all new, fully detailed replica of an iPhone 6 with a working 4.7 inch screen, side power button, and fully-functional touch-ID, and loaded it with a fake custom build of iOS 8 with never before seen icons and features so he could get a little internet celebrity only 3 days before the actual phone is unveiled (thus proving him a fraud).

Or...

B: that just as the phone is beginning to be shipped all over the world, someone in China managed to get their hands on one.

Umm... I'm going with option B.

11. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

It's real. If you see the video, the animations are 100% spot on.

It's simply not possible to make the animations that perfect on a clone/android. Even good copies that looks like an Apple product fails with the animations.

12. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm going to go with real, though it may not 100% be the finished product - this could be a beta version, or have been rejected for some reason.

There are some GUI inconsistencies with the current iOS 8 beta, but they might be tweaks Apple made.

The video doesn't actually show any new features however - we've known about all of this for a long time, so it's not completely inconceivable that it's a fake. Unlikely though, yes.

I think if Apple releases it with a new Passbook icon on Tuesday, this was definitely real.

13. cebseb macrumors regular

I wouldn't put it past Apple to release some off the wall prototypes in the wild to create a feeding frenzy

14. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

So the 4.7 iPhone 6 seems evolutionary. Thinner for sure, but disappointing screen resolution compared with current and upcoming flagship Android phones. The 5.5" should be much more interesting mostly because of the hi res screen.

15. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

16. bobright macrumors 601

This if true is going to suck. Hell charge a premium if you have to I don't care but don't leave out a better display or sapphire panel just because we don't care for the hideous HUGE model.

17. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Having seen the following video it sure looks convincing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQopSbASO40

Didn't understand a word but he didn't click passbook did he? So it's a little sketchy, maybe unfinished product he somehow got hold of.

18. Izauze macrumors 6502

19. ionjohn thread starter macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Neither did he open control center nor notification center... Probably 'cause it's fake and they focused on smooth animations, control center and notification center would give them away I guess

20. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I have no idea what to think. Some design changes are inconsistent with previous iterations of iOS, but at the same time the animations and everything are so perfect, that there's no way it's fake iOS.

I'm thinking they might modify some of the icons for the iPhone 6 and the music icon for the iOS 8 GM. The new music icon would be more consistent with the new iTunes 12 logo, and the passbook icon with the added credit card part could be iPhone 6 specific with the NFC transactions somehow being linked with passbook.

21. stuffradio macrumors 65816

I vote other: I'll come back and cast my vote on Tuesday after 12 PM PDT.

22. pdutta2000 macrumors regular

I think it's real but I'm not excited. I was really hoping for the smaller bezel from the Marcus Brownlee video. That phone is way too big for a 4.7" screen. I'm holding my iphone5 right now and I just can't imagine holding something that big and only getting a 4.7" screen.

23. leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

I think these Polls are getting out of hand

Sorry, but they are!

24. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance