Is the macbook 2009 unibody consider heavy for carrying around school?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AznTakumi, Jan 30, 2012.

1. AznTakumi macrumors regular

I'm currently in the market for a laptop and have my eyes set on the macbook unibody 2009 version. The laptop weights 4.7 pounds not including the charger. I am wonder if anyone has any insight on if the product's weight is consider heavy for carrying around school all day long. My current laptop weights 5.5 pounds without the charger so the weight is not much of a difference.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I don't think it's all that heavy to carry around. The schools books I used to carry around weighed more than that.

Then in the Marines, my pack weighed somewhere over 50 pounds, then added a 20 pound radio to it. Carried an 8 pound M16 and a bunch of other stuff. Then hiked up and down mountains and desert sand for miles, upon miles.

So a 5 pound laptop? I don't even feel it! It's like I'm on vacation.

3. AznTakumi thread starter macrumors regular

What about for a weak skinny Asian kid that weights only 135 pound and is 5'11.. lol

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You still have 130 pounds on it. You can do it.

5. AznTakumi thread starter macrumors regular

6. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

It doesn't sound heavy, but an extra 5 pounds in your bag weighs down on you. It depends what you need it for... I usually carry around my iPad which weighs 1 lb and it can do just about anything I'd need a laptop for.

7. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

8. Android300zx macrumors regular

Definitely not heavy. It goes in my backpack and my books go in my hands.

My Anatomy & Physiology book weighed 3X as much as the MB. I think it's a good weight and feel.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I carry my 13" MacBook Pro (similar weight to a white MacBook) around all day at school. After a while your back gets stronger and you don't even notice it. In fact, at the end of the year when we didn't have to bring out bags to school it felt weird not having it on your back :p

10. AznTakumi thread starter macrumors regular

I guess its better for health to carry around a heavier computer.