Is the new magic keyboard worth the loss of the extended section of the wired Apple Alu keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by the8thark, Oct 18, 2015.

1. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Is the new magic keyboard worth the loss of the extended section of the wired Apple Alu keyboard?

Simple question. If the new keyboard really worth the price tag and the loss of the extended numbetrpad section? I do use the numberpad somewhat but I'm after all fo your expert opinions on this. I don't have the $$ for a change now as I just bought the new mouse and trackpad. But I can start saving if the answers given here are in favour of the new keyboard.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I really like the new KB, but if you are using the number pad a lot, I would think you will not be happy without it. You could get the new KB then a separate BT number pad.

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I'm still using the wired KB with numpad....I gave the (now old gen) wireless KB a good 6 months try and didn't like not having the number pad.

4. Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

That's a personal question that you'll need to answer. Personally I could get along fine without the separate number pad, as I am now used to using the numbers located at the top. However, as I mentioned in another thread, the new keyboard is terrible. It feels VERY cheaply made and I returned mine immediately. If Walmart made a keyboard, this is what it would be like. Very disappointed in Apple.

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I loved my apple keyboard. I don't need a keypad. I can type 80+ wpm without it.