Is the new name for the new iPhone right in front of our eyes? Take a look at this..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphones4evry1, May 12, 2010.

?

Do you think iPhone A4 sounds like a very good possibility?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. No

116 vote(s)
    81.7%
  1. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

The iFixit article, cited by MacRumors, referred to the next iPhone as the "iPhone 4G." Others have come up with all kinds of names for the new iPhone. Since AT&T still has a 3G network, "4G" seems out of place. Some speculate "iPhone 4." But I think the answer is right in front of our eyes...

[​IMG]
    http://s1.guide-images.ifixit.com/igi/xSt6ILjWcCJdcvPj.standard

the iPhone A4

What do you think?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

4G is referencing iPhone 4th generation, not the same as 3G representing 3G network capability.

Plus Audi might sue.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No, they won't. You need to be able to reasonably confuse the products for a trademark infringement. That is not reasonable.

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I guess you always have to put a :), so others might recognize it as a joke...

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol joke....suuuuure;) i dont blame ya for trying to save face esp since your post had not one hint of humour in it lol

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

So the next iPhone is going to be called the iPhone K4X2G643GE...

8. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

perhaps I should throw in more hints in my future posts lol, so you might lol understand it as :) humor. :)

9. troop231 macrumors 603

Makes sense, according to the retarded 3GS moniker currently used, I wouldn't put it past them :rolleyes:

10. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

They didn't sue over the Apple A4 name. Why would they sue over the iPhone A4 name?

Not bad for a name. I don't really like the iPhone HD name, just not a very good ring to it.

11. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

uhhhh A4 is the name of the chip, it is also inside of the iPad. your guess is a tad off.

and 4g can mean fourth generation, which it is. although i think HD may be the name given that the resolution will likely be up and its recording capabilities are said to prob be 720p.

or they could just call it the iPhone again, which would make the most sense.

12. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

13. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

15. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Next time, please do edit your post, rather than making a new post.

The recent teardown of the prototype device in Vietnam shows that it now has an A4 processor.

We know 4G = 4th generation, but it doesn't get confusing, becuase many people attribute 4G to LTE networks, which at the moment would be entirely false - though there are rumours flying around about a Verizon iPhone.

They didn't call it the iPhone again. That device still exists. My current first gen device was marketed as the iPhone. It's product name is "iPhone", so it wouldn't make business sense to rejuvenate the name without causing some issues. Like you, I believe that HD is a more appropriate or suitable name if your condition is true.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The next iPhone will be called the iPhone HD. Apple will then issue cease and desist orders to all apps in the App Store that use HD in their names.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's never stopped a company before. McDonalds lays claims to any name with Mc and apple was (is?) of anything with pod in it.

While I agree with you about it not being reasonably confusing companies use litigation as a business tool now, not just to protect their rights

18. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I'm going with iPhone 4.

It's simple plus gives Apple room to add more tags on the end to chime in more money for the next gens. i.e your 4G, 4GS, 4HD blah blah bla....

19. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

My money is on "iPhone". When people ask which one you mean, you say "the new one" or "the fourth one". I dont get why they needed to add 3G and 3GS in the first place.

20. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Whatever the name is, it won't be A4, the name of the chip.

21. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

people have already speculated on here that it will be called that. ur a little late

22. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

They're not going to name it the 4G because it will lead to confusion with 4G networks and some ****** will start a class-action lawsuit.

It will be called the iPhone HD.

23. iD4V3 macrumors member

iD4V3

iPhone G4? (not 4G!)

iPhone HD

these are my two bets.