is the restore in iTunes still being able to unlock Att iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krimonstar, Oct 29, 2012.

1. krimonstar, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

krimonstar macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I bought a full price Iphone 5 in att retail store. Now I want to unlock it to use on the T-mobile network. As I dont want to wait for the officially unlock nor do it via unofficially ebay unlock. I heard that I can do it via a restore in the iTunes. So is it still working?
    Thx for helping:)

2. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

If you paid full price there are no further steps. Go ahead and put in your desired SIM card

3. krimonstar thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as I know, it's still locked although bought as no contract. But you are eligible to apply for the unlock. Is there anything wrong about this?

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

If you bought it full price at att it is still locked! However, you can give them a call to get it unlock!

5. ProudLoz macrumors regular

Other members have reported that all you gotta do is put in your desired SIM card and you're good to go. There's no need to restore. You bought it at full price for a reason.

I remember one member post here saying he bought a retail iPhone 5 at full price from an Apple Store and went straight to a T-Mobile Store to get the Nano-Sim and transfer his line to it, and it worked right out of the box. He only took his Macbook just in case.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try sticking your sim in anyway and you will know if its unlocked or not.
    If its locked and you paid full price contact AT&T for an unlock. All you need is to show them proof you paid full price for it and a week or so later it will be unlocked.
    Good luck.