Is the scuff issue fixed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bjcskier, Apr 2, 2013.

?

If you bought your iPhone 5 after 3/1/13, was it cosmetically perfect out of the box?

1. Yes - No dings, marks, scuffs or scratches whatsoever

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No - Minor imperfections

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. bjcskier macrumors member

Are iPhone 5 devices being purchased today finally free and clear of any imperfections when they come out of the box? i.e. Any scuffs/dings/marks?

It'll be interesting to see if this is truly all perfect when the iPhone 5S comes out - assuming it's the same casing (or if it's not, how they've revised it...)

2. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

I got mine about a month or so ago and it's completely flawless. I did put a case on it just in case, but I took it out to see how it's holding up, and still nothing.

Excellent quality, IMO.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I got mine on launch day and it was flawless...still flawless today. It's In a slider case but it takes a beating.

5. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

They still construct the iPhone 5 out of the same material, with the same manufacturing process. The only thing they can really change now is the quality control they put each device through.

Although I am hoping the scuffgate issue will be fixed, I highly doubt it. There are always going to be some phones that are defective, but if 99% of them are in perfect condition, I don't think there is much to worry about :)

6. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Got a new iPhone through AT&T. Minor scuffs on the band.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

If it doesn't affect the phone's function, it shouldn't really matter unless it's a huge noticable gash.

Your phone will get little nicks in it anyway unless you don't use it at all.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I still think the scuff issue wasn't as bad as we thought; it was just that we didn't hear from the millions of people with perfect iPhones. We only heard from those who had a problem.

My launch day iPhone 5 was perfect. I'm still enjoying it to this day; it's still perfect since I keep it in a case.

9. 11bE5, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

I just got mine 3 weeks ago and its flawless and out of box

10. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Had an exchange in Apple store because I had a screen failure and the first one they came out with had a small nick on the bezel - the genius happily went back out and brought me another which was perfect.

Still a little luck of the draw my end - I've had several with issues now.

11. bjcskier thread starter macrumors member

Got a brand new iPhone 5 last night and it has a scratch at the bottom of the phone near the headphone port straight out of the box.

Also - the back has a few specs that are above the metal casing on the back where the anodizing process was done.

Embarrassing they still haven't figured the QC and production process out perfectly.

12. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Wife just got a black one a week ago. Was spotless. Though it has already scratched.