Is the series 2 aluminum thicker than the series 1?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ssledoux, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

I know the SS is thicker than the aluminum, but is the series 2 aluminum thicker than the series 1 aluminum?

I've been having issues with the stainless. I guess it's the weight or how it presses into my nerve on my arm (and I don't wear it tight), so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go back to aluminum. The thing is, I don't want to go to a series 2 aluminum if it has more thickness than the 1 (which I had before I bought the series 2 SS).

I'm pretty darn disappointed about this, but I don't know what else to do. I've tried different bands, tried to make it hit different spots on my wrist, etc., and it is NOT helping. :(

2. Julien, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Yes, the S2 (aluminum & SS) has a larger (thicker) battery and is 11.4mm vs 10.5mm for the S1.

Also where did you get the info or why do you assume that the SS case is thicker than the aluminum S2 case since both measure the same??????

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If you're having discomfort, then I would revert back to the Aluminum model (As you previously owned), which is 40% lighter over the stainless model.

4. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 6502

ssledoux

I didn't get any info. I know the SS series 2 is thicker than the aluminum series 1 because I owned a series 1 aluminum before I got my SS 2. I didn't realize that the thickness was across the series and not just the SS. My mistake.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2017 ---
    Definitely considering this although it is really depressing.