Is The Surge Over?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Jun 9, 2007.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article2636169.ece
    Hmmm. That didn't last long, did it?

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

3. Queso macrumors G4

Did it not work? Now who possibly could have seen that coming? :rolleyes:

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Draft dodgers Bush & Cheney have our troops as sitting targets for everyone to take shots at, Sunni,Shia,Al-queda,Iranians,insurgents, people just pissed at what we did to their country,etc etc. 12 dead today by another wacko willing to kill himself. Anyone get the feeling that we have morons running this war, or rather people who know nothing but the silver spoon in their mouths?

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It seems to have produced nothing more than a surge in both Iraqi and American deaths...

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Just send Swarmlord. He's all for the surge. He'll fix everything. He and Lieberman are going to fix Iran too. :)

7. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

My solution for that region doesn't involve surging anything, but the time for using it has passed. Neither does it involve running away and leaving a half formed government to deal with the situation.

I know that there are those joking about Iran now, but the fact is that those in charge of both parties here are not going to allow Iran to run rampant over that region or threaten our allies or commerce with the region.

I did my part to prepare our military. Our commander in chief just won't use the weapons that I and thousands of other Americans designed and built.

8. Queso macrumors G4

Empty the stockpiles so more purchases are required you mean? Not that you have a vested interest in that of course ;)

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And what was your solution again? I'm waiting on pins and needles...

10. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

My guess is nuking the entire region to a parking lot.

After all, India is going to be running short on parking after we outsource all the domestic jobs.

11. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

It doesn't take nukes to reduce an area down to a workable level.

12. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

More and more it looks like the temperature of the average american heart is approaching absolute zero.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I wouldn't call Swarmy average.

14. aquajet macrumors 68020

Thank you for the gross generalization. Since you haven't been paying attention, let me inform you that about two thirds of americans want to leave, and roughly half wish Bush's term was over with.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's so true. Basically our country is being held captive by an egomaniac. We're doing our best to hold our noses til it's over. Let's hope we don't all suffocate before then.

16. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Idiots maybe?

17. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

I don't think "workable" is what you mean. What the hell do you think gives you the right to destroy a country and reduce its inhabitants to subsistence level or less?

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Unworkable, perhaps. Ruined. Destitute. See: manageable.

19. Queso macrumors G4

By the sound of things, stock options :rolleyes:

20. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant, to put it another way.

21. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

The same right that nations have had since the dawn of time to defend their way of life and eliminate threats. I would think all you secular humanists, aetheists and agnostics would be ok with that.

I think the world has suffered quite enough from thousands of years of Middle East conflict.

We had our chance after 9/11 and we ***** footed our way into the conflict. Therefore we'll have to repeat this cycle at least one more time until we get a leader with the stones to truly end it.

22. Queso macrumors G4

Are you now trying to say that war is confined to the Middle East? Or would you advocate the annihilation of Europe for the same reasons?

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- sounds like genocide to me. By the way, you'll have to take Egypt out as well. As usual- everything is black and white with you.

24. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

1 You were not being threatened by Iraq in 2001
    2 You are not being threatened by Iraq now
    3 Your favoured strategy has destroyed two sovereign nations and caused over half a million deaths for no perceptible gain
    4 Therefore, I would say that your idiotic, inhumane and bigoted idea of foreign policy is, and will continue to be, an abject failure
    Your ignorance of history - or your wilful disregard of the facts - is astounding. How can you construct a credible policy, or even a worthwhile opinion, when you base it on complete fantasy?

25. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

three doctors agree: my blood pressure decreased 25% when i put swarmlord on ignore. my teeth are whiter, too.