Is the unlocked (or T-Mobile) iPhone 6 expected to be avalible launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by utahman130, Aug 31, 2014.

1. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

Im switching to t-mobile from ATT, and I'm wondering if I can get an iPhone 6 on launch day.

2. moonpaulsj macrumors newbie

I have a same question. I would like to buy 3 t-mobile phones on the launch date, one for myself and two more for my family.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I imagine so but... are you planning on buying outright? If so, just grab a Verizon model.

4. moonpaulsj macrumors newbie

What do you mean by buy verizon? Wouldn't it be locked to Verizon? Yes I have 2400 dollars in budget for 3 iphone sixes for unlocked iphones. My family and I go back and forth a lot from Korea, so we need to be able to use it in both countries without paying ETF all the time.

5. 617aircav Suspended

Its unlocked, there is no locked Verizon iPhone since the iPhone 5. It will also work on Tmobile, just like a Tmobile iPhone 6 would.

6. bingfters macrumors newbie

that right,we need to be able to use it in both countries without paying ETF all the time. thanks[​IMG]

7. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

The SIM-free option wasn't available till November 22, 2013.

The t-mobile version will work on AT&T, since the t-mobile version is unlocked, since you are paying retail for it.
    I think it's available from day one.

Get it, throw the sim away, pop I'm your AT&T sim, and move on with your life.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

The unlocked (T-Mobile) version will be available full price from Apple on day 1. The locked (T-Mobile) version will be available at T-Mobile stores on day 1 where you can either use their financing option or pay full price for it.