Is the US wii dual voltage?

Discussion in 'Games' started by foidulus, Mar 10, 2007.

  1. foidulus macrumors 6502a

    Jan 15, 2007
    I am planning on buying a Wii in the US but taking it with me to Europe. I have a question though, is the Wii dual voltage(ie will it work with both 110V 60Hz power and 220V 50Hz power, provided I have the proper prong adaptors)? Or would I be required to buy a new power supply?
  2. JackAxe macrumors 68000


    Jul 6, 2004
    In a cup of orange juice.
    It's 110v. You would need a universal adapter like this one, or a convertor.

  3. MRU Suspended


    Aug 23, 2005
    Buy the adapter above. A step down convertor can cost a hell of a lot more £40-70
  4. Old Mac Geezer macrumors member

    Mar 9, 2007
    When you say "taking it with me" do you mean you will be staying there permanently or temporarily?? If you will be staying there permanently, you have to know that the USA Wii supports only 480i/p resolutions, so you may not be able to use it with a PAL television also the Wii is region locked, so don't buy any European games while you are over there, as they won't work.

Share This Page