Is the White iPhone 'brilliant white'? mine has yellowish tinge when next to DreBeats

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sat165, May 9, 2011.

1. sat165 macrumors regular

When compared to my dre beats, my white iphone does not look as bright of a white, and has a dullish yellow tinge. this isnt because its dirty its been like this since the day of purchase, has anyone else seen this? it isnt noticeable unless compared to another white object side by side

2. kicko macrumors 65816

everyone has a different definition of "white" or any other color for that matter. Do you want to trade for my black? ;)

3. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

It's just how the white is. Both the iPad and iPhone have this white, the beats are a shade different. I think the beats solon( non hd) match the best.

4. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

i noticed it when i was in class the other day and had it on a brilliant white piece of paper and it had a yellow tint too it but then i took it off it looked like a clean white so im guessing it has too do with it measured up by

5. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I sensed this too, although I wasnt comparing it to any other shade of white I just felt underwhelmed and this is probably why.

6. Bobbytoad macrumors member

Bobbytoad

because the white paint is set behind the glass as opposed to on the surface like normal paint say on a wall, the glass ends up casting a shadow/hint of other colours. it looks brilliant pure white outside where as inside under artificial light it takes on a yellowish tinge - though nowhere near as yellow as the screen itself!!!

7. JASApplications macrumors 65816

It's the same white as the 3G I think.

8. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

My iPhone seems to have a very slight yellow tint when compared to my white iPad.

9. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I saw one tonight, it was a very "milky" yellowish white. I was definitely not impressed like I thought I would be.

10. Bobbytoad macrumors member

Bobbytoad

Diference with the beats and 3gs is that the surface colour is white, but the IP4 white coating is on the UNDERSIDE of a sheet of glass, which serves to create a colour cast/shadow depending on surrounding light, therefore giving the impression of being off white or yellow indoors but bright white outside in bright sunlight etc

11. elan123 macrumors 6502

good point