Is there a 30 pin SD card connector that would fit flush with my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by desmotesta, Dec 5, 2012.

1. desmotesta macrumors member

I failed to realize at the time of purchase, that my early-2011 17" MBP came with a 30 pin connector instead of an SD Card slot.

I do not know WHY I thought an SD card slot was standard on this particular MBP.

Both my D-SLR and my HD Camcorder use SD cards and I would love to buy a 30 pin connector from apple that fits FLUSH with the body (like it belongs there).

Sadly, I can't seem to find one. All I keep finding is adaptors that stick out and are removable.

Am I looking for something that does not exist?

2. simsaladimbamba

It is called an ExpressCard/34 slot and accepts a variety of cards to expand ports on your MBP. It is clearly stated by Apple, that 17" MBPs do come with an ExpressCard slot, it is not stated, that they come with an SD card slot.
    As for ExpressCard SD card adapters: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=714949, found via MRoogle

3. desmotesta thread starter macrumors member

I dont think I blamed Apple for my mistake in my original post, if I did then that wasn't my intention.

It was totally an oversight and an assumption on my part that the 17" would come with an SD card slot.

Thank you for the link, I will search for an SD card or a combo slot card.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

A USB card reader would also get the job done(probably for less money too.)