is there a app/screensaver to monitor using built in isight w/o people knowing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 212rikanmofo, Mar 5, 2009.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

When i leave for long periods at work. I have to step away from my computer. And to be honest I don't trust anybody in my office. Is there an app for like that iphone that I can use to connect to my laptop at work to monitor the isight and listen into the mic without the green light going off?

I would love to know if such an app exists or if theres a possible way to do this w/o people know my laptop is in surveillance mode.

I know theres a security screen saver, but i'm looking for something more.

2. beaner454 macrumors regular

I know there is an iChat modifier application called Chax. And there is a preference to make video chats auto accept.

This won't help you with viewing it on an iPhone. But if you could access another computer that has an instant messaging app you could do some surveillance.

This is what I did to monitor and yell at my dogs when I first started leaving my dogs at home for the first time.

3. PHermas macrumors newbie

With Remote Buddy you can monitor your isight from your iPhone. Plus a crap ton of other stuff Remote Buddy is a great app. As for the isight light I don't know if that can be turned off, try sticking a post it note or something over it. They'll never know.

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

You can't turn off the light, you'd have to change the circuitry to stop it.