Is there a best app for music streaming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Nov 1, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use pandora currently

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Right now I'm really enjoying Slacker Radio. Although perhaps not as comprehensive as others, it has some variety that makes leaves me most entertained.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

TuneIn Radio is very good actually, you get radio stations from around the world

6. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

I use (between the house and 3 vehicles):

ooTunes for many, many radio stations (local and abroad). Requires internet connection.

Slacker 'Radio Plus' account for a variety of commercial free listening. Requires internet connection.

and....

MOG 'Premium' account for listening to full CDs (at CD quality). Requires internet connection for streaming, but doesn't for downloaded content.

I really like Slacker for the way it creates a great listening experience of 'similar' music (much like Pandora, but much much better in all ways). But, MOG is awesome for downloading entire libraries of music. It's not quite as good at picking 'similar music' when it's putting together a 'radio station' on the fly (like Pandora or Slacker). But, the biggest thing is I haven't bought an album in 2 years! It's all just downloaded and played via MOG....and if I like it, I keep it, if not, just deleted.

I junked 3 Sirius radio subscriptions with the above setup....cut the monthly $ by more than half.

HTH.

7. bobeo6253 macrumors newbie

I use audiogalaxy to stream my music i have at home. I have an external hd with a lot of music and it gets streamed to my phone. The app is free and you do use data and need a data connection.

8. OutGolfn macrumors regular

Pandora One. The most recent app update is great

9. Jamie017 macrumors newbie

I recently got a free 6 month subscription to Rdio and I think it's great.

10. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

not the same kind of music streaming but I love using MSpot to access my music library at home. Way more polished than Amazon music and a little more useful than iTunes Match. It also lets you set the quality/size of your music so you don't use up as much data.

11. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

if you want to stream your music library any place you are try stream to me. i use it every day. its very handy. specialy if you have to deal with the 16g i4s

12. macinmac macrumors member

macinmac

13. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Just checked it out! Wow... Streamtome/servetome looks very slick!

14. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I couldn't agree more. This product rocks. I just installed it and wow is right. It is a killer app!!! Works over wifi and 3G.

15. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

Spotify here. you cant beat it for $10 a month. Then if i feel like a change pandora and tune in radio

16. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

Although maybe not as relevant for music streaming, I really like TuneIn Radio's Tivo-like recording functionality.