Is there a button to turn off the music without me having to take ipod out?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rofljeff, Dec 9, 2008.

1. rofljeff macrumors newbie

I don't want to take it out in crowded places cause it might get stolen so I would like to know if there is a way for me to just reach into my pocket and turn the music off without having to take my ipod out.

2. Avizzv92 macrumors regular

Volume buttons on the side would eliminate noise. Power button would put it on stand by... Or you could remember the position of all the buttons on the touch screen and do it normally just without looking. Kinda like how people can text in there pockets without looking. :eek:

3. waffle911 macrumors regular

but putting it on standby doesn't turn off the music. Turning it OFF, on the other hand...

4. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

My simple solution, but it is going to cost ya:

Get a pair of earphones/headphones which have a volume rocker or play,pause buttons on them. I think apple sells them for 30 and some change

5. rofljeff thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I'm not shelling out $30 just to do one thing. Its hard to believe something like this is not included.:(

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Depending on how the device is seated in your pocket, you could just pull the headphones out of the jack. That pauses whichever track is playing.

7. mooreman macrumors newbie

Maybe this is too simplistic, but pulling the headphone jack from the port pauses whatever you're listening to and puts the unit into standby, then turns off. Only problem is, you'd have to pull it out and look at it to start playing again once you plugged your headphones back in. Hope that helps.

8. rofljeff thread starter macrumors newbie