Is there a date for the Lightning-to-30pin adapter beyond "October?"

petethepanda

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Is "October" the only hint at availability they've given for the Lightning adapter? How in the hell did they not have this ready for launch?

Long story short, I'm waiting on selling my 4 / buying a 5 until I hear if the adapter works with some certain accessories, so I hope they get this damn thing out soon.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Nope, apple plays things close to the vest and they're saying October so we have nothing more to go on.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
For obvious reasons it would be nice to see these sooner rather than later.

Why Apple doesn't have them ready now, is just another example of their casual, rather cavalier way of doing business.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I ordered a cable (not the adapter) and it originally said October. Got notified that FedEx delivered it this afternoon.
The Apple store in Pasadena(for anyone out here) had tons of the usb/lightening cables, I got two of them!

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
Sure would have been nice (and logical) if they had had the adapters ready for launch. I can't use my iPhone 5 in my car right now, I have to keep using my 4S until it arrives. Two phones to take with me now. Weak.

BustAGroove

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
Area Code 626
The Apple store in Pasadena (for anyone out here) had tons of the usb/lightening cables, I got two of them!
That's good, What time did you pick yours up?

When I got my iPhone 5 at that same store last Friday, they were out of Lightning adapters and didn't know when they'd have more. The option to "pick up in store" is still grayed out.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
That's good, What time did you pick yours up?

When I got my iPhone 5 at that same store last Friday, they were out of Lightning adapters and didn't know when they'd have more. The option to "pick up in store" is still grayed out.
Hmmmm, I picked mine up around 11am Saturday.....give or take half an hour, my mind is off today!

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
For obvious reasons it would be nice to see these sooner rather than later.

Why Apple doesn't have them ready now, is just another example of their casual, rather cavalier way of doing business.
I'd say they are pretty good about having accessories ready with new product launches. I'd also bet they want the real thing out there before the knockoffs show up.

petethepanda

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Guy from the Apple store said it'd most likely be the first week of October. Hopefully that winds up being the case.

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
If the "July" Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet adapter is any indication, orders will ship out around 11:59pm Pacific time on October 31.