Is there a date for the Lightning-to-30pin adapter beyond "October?"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petethepanda, Sep 24, 2012.

1. petethepanda macrumors member

Is "October" the only hint at availability they've given for the Lightning adapter? How in the hell did they not have this ready for launch?

Long story short, I'm waiting on selling my 4 / buying a 5 until I hear if the adapter works with some certain accessories, so I hope they get this damn thing out soon.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, apple plays things close to the vest and they're saying October so we have nothing more to go on.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

For obvious reasons it would be nice to see these sooner rather than later.

Why Apple doesn't have them ready now, is just another example of their casual, rather cavalier way of doing business.

4. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I ordered a cable (not the adapter) and it originally said October. Got notified that FedEx delivered it this afternoon.

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

The Apple store in Pasadena(for anyone out here) had tons of the usb/lightening cables, I got two of them!

6. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

Sure would have been nice (and logical) if they had had the adapters ready for launch. I can't use my iPhone 5 in my car right now, I have to keep using my 4S until it arrives. Two phones to take with me now. Weak.

7. BustAGroove macrumors newbie

That's good, What time did you pick yours up?

When I got my iPhone 5 at that same store last Friday, they were out of Lightning adapters and didn't know when they'd have more. The option to "pick up in store" is still grayed out.

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Hmmmm, I picked mine up around 11am Saturday.....give or take half an hour, my mind is off today!

9. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Me too. Same story.Got it today.

10. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I'd say they are pretty good about having accessories ready with new product launches. I'd also bet they want the real thing out there before the knockoffs show up.

11. petethepanda thread starter macrumors member

Guy from the Apple store said it'd most likely be the first week of October. Hopefully that winds up being the case.

12. KPOM macrumors G5

If the "July" Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet adapter is any indication, orders will ship out around 11:59pm Pacific time on October 31.