Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
I read somewhere in another forum that one can download some .deb files from JBme.com website (under the saffron subdirectory) which I can install by SSH that does the same thing as allowing Cydia to do an essential update.

I like to get that deb. Can someone confirm what is it and which one is for iPad 2 3G model?

hammten

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Open cydia and it should show an essential update you can install and you will be set!

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for the tip, hammten. The intent of my original question, however, was to ask if there is a deb I can download and install manually by SSH. I know you can do a blind update using Cydia. I just want to know what deb it is being installed and where to get it.

Open cydia and it should show an essential update you can install and you will be set!

borisvian

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for the tip, hammten. The intent of my original question, however, was to ask if there is a deb I can download and install manually by SSH. I know you can do a blind update using Cydia. I just want to know what deb it is being installed and where to get it.

Package: diskdev-cmds
Version: 421.7-4
Architecture: iphoneos-arm
Maintainer: Jay Freeman (saurik) <saurik@saurik.com>
Installed-Size: 848
Pre-Depends: dpkg (>= 1.14.25-8)
Depends: firmware-sbin
Filename: debs/diskdev-cmds_421.7-4_iphoneos-arm.deb
Size: 114822
MD5sum: 2211d78fb6bede91ba9004aad776eacf
Section: System
Priority: required
Description: mount, quota, fsck, fstyp, fdisk, tunefs
Tag: purpose::console, role::hacker

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.