Is there a good way to organize photos in the iCloud Photo Library

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by BrettDS, Sep 28, 2016.

1. BrettDS macrumors 65816

So I now have several thousand photos in my iCloud Photo Library. I have a few random albums from various times when I have attempted to go through them and provide some organization, but the vast majority of them are just totally unorganized.

I'd like to go through them and get them organized into albums and delete the duplicates and blurry pics that I don't even care about, but I'm just not really finding a good way to do this.

What I'm thinking would be ideal would be an app that could show me all the pictures that haven't been moved into an album so I can quickly go through and remove the ones I don't need and move the ones I want to keep into albums. Periodically I can open the app again and see the new pics that aren't in albums yet and organize those.

My photos are all in the iCloud photo library now and I want to keep them there. I'm looking for something that will let me manage the photos in the iCloud photo library... I don't want an app that stores the photos on it's own or in a third party cloud service. I do not have a Mac and use iOS devices pretty much exclusively, so it would need to be something that will run on my iPhone and/or iPad.

Does anything like this exist? Is there another good way to keep my photos organized in the library?

2. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

iCloud photo library already keeps your photos organised chronologically which I find the most effective way to have my massive library organised. I can find what I want pretty quick in the Photos app.
    I sometimes make albums for significant events like holidays/parties but generally I like the collections/moments organisation that happens atuomatically.