Is there a hack or way to creat photo albums on the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by rtztgue, Apr 17, 2011.

1. rtztgue macrumors regular

I am looking for a way on the iPad to create albums and sort pix without having to sync to a computer. I just need to organize pix from jobs, emails, and the web into different projects. I do not understand why Apple does not make this easy.

Any native way, cydia way, or other way to do this?

2. Siggen macrumors 6502

Its been a long time since i had a jailbroken device that i owned my self, all the way since iPhone 3g (now i have iPad 2, so still waiting).

But atleast then i tried a program from cydia that was called camera roll swapper or something. It was not a great method but it worked, all it did was to backup your camera roll and create a new empty one, then when you launched it again it switched back and fourth between the two existing camera rolls. But you could not see both in the list at the time.

I imagin there might be better methods now, but at least there is that one.

And btw, cydia apps are in fact native, they are just not approved by apple. Apps not native, are emulated games or programs.

3. Dav1 macrumors 6502

What firmware is your iPad running? If you are not on 4.3 or later then there is a Cydia app for you, take a look at PhotoAlbums + for iPad. It adds features to the native Photo Album, one happens to be the ability to create and name Albums... :)

4. rtztgue thread starter macrumors regular

I have an ipad 1 with 4.3.1 so i can jailbreak, but I have not yet since I have had no need. I will look into the photoalbum+ for my iphone and play with it.

As far as native apps... thanks for the heads up... my understanding was that "native" meant apple only(and always installed). like safari is native, or the photo album was native. but an app like "bing" was not.

5. Dav1 macrumors 6502

PhotoAlbum+ for iPad runs only on the iPad, with firmwares less than 4.3, but higher than 3.x (there has been too many firmware versions, lately don't recall at this point just which version it works with) it adds features to the native Photo app of the iPad. You will not be able to test it on an iPhone, but there is a version for the iPhone.

As I said you can create and name albums, as well as lock them....

6. rtztgue thread starter macrumors regular

Just bought it. It is updated for 4.3.1. And works for iPhone as well

7. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Just bought it too for the iPad, why the hell apple don't give you this functionality themselves is beyond the pale.

The ability to create and name albums AND move pictures between them is incredibly useful. $6.99 well spent.

Seamlessly integrated into the photo app.