Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Is there a wrapsol like solution to death-grip? The wrapsol did not work but i want something similar to eliminate deathgrip. Anyone know of a screen-protector-like solution? Thanks.

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
1 of 8 bits
Is there a wrapsol like solution to death-grip? The wrapsol did not work but i want something similar to eliminate deathgrip. Anyone know of a screen-protector-like solution? Thanks.
I need to know this as well. I recently bought the Apple dock and it doesnt fit even with my Incipio Feather.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Bse

After putting on the sides discovered the "finger of death" didn't drop a call even when I tried. Combined with a case ended the Bluetooth range problem too.

Good luck. :cool:

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
I can vouch for the Phantom Skinz not helping the death grip. I guess the BSE may be thicker? I'm not a fan of how it feels on the iPhone 4 though. You can feel the skin on the boxy square edges all over :(

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
i tried a wrapsol, the problem with them was horrible product (bad QA) and it was too thin so it still exposed enough of the antenna to let deathgrip settle in. Gelaskins looks like it might work but it also looks like it might expose too much of the sides so if your palm touched the side part (very small area) it could make you loose the connection.

BSE: have your tried holding the phone in your left hand? not just the finger?

Side-note: im seriously considering nail polish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.