Is there a limit to the amount of Apps I can install on my iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jeremy1026, May 22, 2008.

1. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I've spent the past few days restoring my iPhone, then when I'm just about back to where it was it locks up and needs to be restored again. I think I might be putting too many apps on, is that possible? I have a 1.1.4.

2. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

you might be running out of space, I don't think there's a numerical limit. I don't remember in 1.1.4 if the apps are stored on the 300MB partition or not, but they are for sure in 1.1.1. Next time get BossPrefs right away so you can easily see how much free space you have and keep track of it each time you install some apps.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The iPhone is separated into 300mb system partition and the larger "media" partition.

If you don't move your installed apps to the larger partition you'll hit the limit pretty quickly.

There is also something like 9? page limit on apps. But that would be quite a lot of apps.

4. Jeremy1026 thread starter macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I use boss tool to make sure I keep that partition clear, I tend to have about 80MB free when this happens, and it seems to be when I start on page 6 of apps.

5. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

WOW, 6 pages. I have 3.5 pages filled and half of the apps I rarely use, been needing to do some housekeeping! Going to be taking my phone into Apple in a few days, so I guess I'll be doing it then, but wow, 6 pages...