is there a music id program for track names and album art for itunes on osx

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Anarchy99, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

on my phone there a app Cingular Music ID powered by shazam for free it analyzes my music reordered through the phone mic and gives me artist name, track name and album art

this would be a awesome app for itunes because when you get 50+gb of music naming and putting album art on all of them suck
    i have dozens of track 01 through 12+
    automating this is a must

are there any programs to do this on osx?

thanks

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

You can tell iTunes to gather album artwork by clicking on advanced and then selecting get album art work. I do not know of any mac compatible programs that will tag your music for you, but in windows I would recommend MBtagger.

3. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

itunes-->advanced-->get cd track names (right under get album artwork)

4. G5power macrumors 6502

iTunes is unable to identify about 5% of my music files. Some I understand since they are live versions and such.

I guess that if you really a major collector of music that you will need to spend a little time labeling.

Some of my friends collect songs from alternative sources and a fair amount of time there are audio problems with the songs so in there case it makes sense to listen to the songs while you find the art and label the songs. If you import a big bulk of songs some may not play right anyway.

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

I have a 174GB iTunes library and I use iTunes itself to find my track names and artwork. It does a decent job except for the obscure stuff. For that I hunt the web or look up the album at Amazon.com and cut and paste from there. Some times I have to scan the CD cover myself. But iTunes does a pretty good job.

6. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

To automatically get Album Art (and lyrics if you want), download GimmeSomeTune. This will find the Album Art on the web and add it when you play the song.