Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtwanabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
I hate buying something and then weeks later a upgraded version come out for
just a few dollars more.

I want to buy myself an IPOD but want to wait if sometning new is about to appear.
:D

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
they seem to be saying there is a real video ipod coming in january.

aside from that, what is out, will likely stay out until then.

also, people are expecting an iphone. apple made phone/ipod

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
i think . . .

in my view, the price reduction was to fit in a new additional model, not a replacement, the ipod as it is, is fine and what most people want, the new top spot will be filled by a full screen (wireless?) ipod with a large HD but wont be cheap. I see this coming out soon, or in January, depending on whether they can get it out in time for xmas, if its too late theyll release it with itv for extra impact.

all speculation based on a summary of rumors and common sense, its all fun though isnt it lol

jtwanabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
What is an IPOD

Thanks for the input but I mean really. Really guys you need to get out more.

IPOD, iPod, Ipod ???? Life is just too short.

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
i want to buy a shuffle but i know that when i get it exactly 12 days later the video ipods gonna come out... Thats what happened last january, i bought a shuffle then the mini got updated and i bought that, so i dont know whether to wait or buy a shuffle, maybe the quicker i buy a shuffle the quicker the touchscreen ipod will come out

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
jtwanabe said:
I hate buying something and then weeks later a upgraded version come out for
just a few dollars more.

I want to buy myself an IPOD but want to wait if sometning new is about to appear.
:D

This, unfortunately, is the nature of technology (and especially iPods).

You'll never feel new for more than a few months at a time, so buy and be happy with what you've got.

Fight consumerism -- what you have need not always call attention to what you lack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.