Is there a place to download the slipstreamed files for XP online?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by danedane5, Jun 6, 2008.

1. danedane5 macrumors member

danedane5

First off, I know we dont 'do' piracy and I dont wanna get anyone mad ha. But I have already purchased XP, but my original PC is not with me on campus and i need windows to play some games. Is there a place I could just download the necessary components so i can use Bootcamp?:confused:

And i dont have the disk its home too

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

No. You need to have a valid XP Pro disc to slipstream it.

3. AENAON macrumors member

AENAON

Your are not very clear there, but if I got it right, yes, you can download the "offline XP SP2", run a few command line commands and combine the contents of the XP CD with the service pack into one slipsteamed image for you to burn.
    That is legal and suppored by microsoft. From my experience doing your setup like that results in a more stable system than installing the service pack afterwards, so it's a good idea :)

here's a quick link. http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

Btw, the piracy "grey zone" is downloading a torrent with the slipstreamed cd you need abd using a legitimate key with it.