Is there a possibility where your ip4 battery can be totally dead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saha-med, Apr 7, 2013.

1. saha-med macrumors regular

Hi,

Ive heard somewhere that when you discharge your battery (through normal usage) and it shuts off, its actually not really 0%. In fact some of the juice is left.

However if you continue to leave your phone in that state, the battery will be slowly discharged and eventually it will empty to a point-of-no-return where no amount of charging will bring it back to life. Is that true?

Im asking this because i just got a new phone, and am planning to keep my IP4 (just in case). I do not want to pickup the phone 1 year later, only to find out the battery is completely dead and its unusuable. So if any battery experts can answer, it would be of great help.

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

My original iPhone, which has been in the box since I upgraded to the 3G on launch day, will still charge fine. I'm sure the battery isn't perfect, but it still works. I wouldn't worry about having it sitting around for a year.

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Never ever leave a lithium battery with low charge stored for a long time (1 year is just insane !).
    If you plan to not use your iPhone for more than few days, store it with a 70-80% charge and switched off.