Is there a program that can recover the information stored in photos taken by iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cameront1448, Jul 16, 2010.

1. cameront1448 macrumors newbie

I have pictures that I took that I need dated and stamped for time and location for a lawsuit. I know the iPhone stores this data with the photos, considering on my 3GS it shows a map and where the pictures were taken. How can I get this information from the photo file?
    Thanks

2. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

There are a number of free applications (some are run from Terminal) that will do this. Google on "OS X EXIF data" and you'll get a pile from which to choose.

3. Jusfer macrumors member

Hi, new to the forum, first post. But not a camera newb.

I am using the free Panda IEXIF 2 which gives all photo and camera-related info, plus location-related information like the list below:

GPS latitude and longitude
    GPS altitude
    GPS time stamp (important, because you cannot manipulate that with your camera time setting)
    GPS image direction

4. infosprt macrumors regular

If you copy and paste the photo into an email (on the iphone) it should preserve the exif data (location, time, etc). If you email the photo directly this data is stripped out