Is there a proper way to purge my jb 5.0 iphone of all jb files before updating?

Theraker007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I want to wipe the slate clean update and rejailbreak simply because i have so much crap installed and I have no idea what causes the crashes. Im afraid that just updating and rejailbreaking may not clean up the mess entirely.

Is there a proper way to do this or what?

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
I want to wipe the slate clean update and rejailbreak simply because i have so much crap installed and I have no idea what causes the crashes. Im afraid that just updating and rejailbreaking may not clean up the mess entirely.

Is there a proper way to do this or what?
Restore via iTunes, then set up as new iPhone. Reinstall Cydia apps one at a time, and don't reinstall anything that isn't compatible w. the new firmware, or anything that you don't need.

Comment

Theraker007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
thank you so much!! :D

now if ive been using icloud as my only source of backup.. this process (after syncing via icloud of course) can be done from any computer I assume?

Comment

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
thank you so much!! :D

now if ive been using icloud as my only source of backup.. this process (after syncing via icloud of course) can be done from any computer I assume?
I use an older Mac that can't run iCloud (haven't updated to Lion), so I'll let someone else chime in here...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.