Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wakkaday

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
sorry if in wrong forum
radium isnt working for me anymore with bbc stations

can anyone advise on other streaming radio apps?

Liam555

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
sorry if in wrong forum
radium isnt working for me anymore with bbc stations

can anyone advise on other streaming radio apps?

I use InTune (http://www.smartcodehq.com/intune/). It sits in the menubar, and basically all radio stations exist. You just search your radio station in the box, favourite it, and then play or pause it whenever you want.

Last edited:

Liam555

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
Soriko Radio is free (http://www.soriko.no/radio/), and to be honest, I'm actually preferring it to InTune which costs money. However, it sits in your dock and not the menubar. Still works great.
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 22.41.07.png

Last edited:

Liam555

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
My bad, just realised that they don't actually have BBC radio on Soriko. Intune does, however InTune costs.

Edit: BBC stations are back on Soriko Radio.

Last edited:

wakkaday

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
i suppoed i could get the bbc iplayer bookmark for the radio services for bbc

cheers guys

Jahnsrud

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
Norway
The developer behind Soriko Radio here.

Thanks for recommending the app. The BBC stations are now added back in the UK playlist! Soriko Radio is soon getting its biggest update yet. I can't promise anything, but a menubar setting is on the list.

Reactions: soloer

wakkaday

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
great will this be all bbc services? can we add our own urls? where would we find these by the way for commercial stations

thankks

Jahnsrud

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
Norway
Looking forward to it myself! I submitted the iOS version this Sunday, next up is OS X.

Wakkaday: You can open your own URL using ⌘ + O. Finding those URLs depends on the provider. Most stations provide streaming links here in Norway on their website, but that doesn't seem to be the case in UK.

Regarding BBC - anything you're missing? I plan to add all BBC stations along with their local streams. Depends if they give permission.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.