Is there a reason to buy Camera+ now that iOS 5 is out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lsquare, Oct 5, 2011.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

In light of iOS 5's GM status, what are the major reasons to even buy a camera app like Camera+?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

UI and maybe more improved function that Apple has not come up yet. remember Apple steal great tweaks! :D didn't S. Jobs say something about a Artists copy great Artists steal.

3. genshi, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

Have you not used Camera+ before? I am loving the idea of a new iPhone 4S with iOS 5 and will be getting it the day it comes out. It's great that the camera app can now crop, rotate and reduce redeye along with adjust AE/AF, but it can't do all the other things that Camera+ (and many other apps) can do, such as, all of the FX (Sepia, Cyanotype, Redscale, Grunge, etc. 36 FX in all) all of the Scene Modes (Clarity, Backlit, Cloudy, Sunset, etc.) all of the Borders (Film, Sprockets, Offset, etc.) you get the idea. This is what apps are for.

Great that Apple added a couple of cool basic features to their Camera, but 3rd Party apps provide SO much more.

Example:
    [​IMG]

4. vebs macrumors regular

The filters in Camera+ are excellent, still worth buying.

5. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

Does Camera+ or any other application utilizes the IP4's sensors to tell you if the phone is levelled? Even using the grid, I find that I still can't often get the horizons to be levelled.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I use Camera+for the simple fact that I can control the point of focus and the exposure separately. The native app combines the two, leading to washed out or underexposed photos.

A well exposed photo makes HDR redundant, in most cases. The built in camera app makes it a necessity. No thanks.

(Ynd no, Camera+ doesn't have a leveling feature that I'm aware of. You might ping the devs with the suggestion if it's important to you, though.)

7. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

Camera+ does not have a level but ProCamera does. I have both apps and prefer the interface of Camera+.

One thing that I did in iOS4 was I would set the native camera app to movie mode and if I wanted to take photos I'd use Camera+. If I wanted to take video I'd use the built in app. Since Camera+ doesn't offer a video mode the phone would remember the setting and it was very quick to get to either video or photo. With the speed of iOS5 it doesn't seem to be an issue now

8. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

I want the feature now and if they were to implement it, it'll take months!