Is there a tool I can use to automatically save all of these SVGs as PNGs w/ custom parameters?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PowerMac G4 MDD, Jun 23, 2015.

1. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Hi everyone,

This doesn't have to do with Mac hardware, but I do know that many here use Adobe programs... and I am on a Mac Pro 1,1 as we speak.

So I have a TON of SVG files that I made in Illustrator (CS6). While KEEPING these SVG files, I need to then export them as PNGs (PNG-24; 74x74) into a separate folder.

There are hundreds of SVGs here, and setting their parameters/exporting them as PNG-24 will take forever. Is there some program or setting I can use in order to automatically export these files as PNG-24 w/ dimensions of 74x74?

-Thanks!

(P.S. I have only recently started using Illustrator, so excuse any lack of knowledge I may be presenting. And, FYI, I am running 10.8.3 Mountain Lion.)

2. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

Wrong forum?

Also, Photoshop has a batch export function, does Illustrator?

3. jerwin macrumors 65816

imagemagick's convert does this. Wrap it up in a bash script and voila!

4. jerwin macrumors 65816

You could also see if Illustrator has any automator actions that you can use. Start up Automator, make a work flow, and search for SVG.

5. PowerMac G4 MDD thread starter macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Thanks for your reply. Someone else in the office has (I believe) used something similar to that. However, I'd still be interested to see if Illustrator has a tool that does this. I'll check later on.