Is there a way for me to transfer files from my mac os to my vista os in a computer

macbooknewbie12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Hi i am quite new to my macbook. My macbook has 2 os window vista and mac leopard.Is it possible for me to transfer/share files from my mac to my vista without using any thumbdrive or removable storage. (it is quite troublesome switching here and there)
Thanks in advance:)

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Yes. Your Mac should be able to see and read the Windows partition natively. If it's formatted to NTFS, it won't be able to write, but installing MacFUSE and NTFS-3G will add that functionality.

On the Windows side, installing MacDrive will give you read/write support for Mac partitions.

macbooknewbie12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Yes. Your Mac should be able to see and read the Windows partition natively. If it's formatted to NTFS, it won't be able to write, but installing MacFUSE and NTFS-3G will add that functionality.

On the Windows side, installing MacDrive will give you read/write support for Mac partitions.
i jus transfered a few gb of avi format videos to my mac from my vista. I tried to play the video but it does the vid never show and the audio never play but the video is playing/running. Why is it so?

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
AVI is just a container. What the applications can read depends on the codec that was used to create the video file. Like I said, Perian should sort everything out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.