Is there a way for me to transfer files from my mac os to my vista os in a computer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macbooknewbie12, Nov 18, 2009.

1. macbooknewbie12 macrumors newbie

Hi i am quite new to my macbook. My macbook has 2 os window vista and mac leopard.Is it possible for me to transfer/share files from my mac to my vista without using any thumbdrive or removable storage. (it is quite troublesome switching here and there)
    Thanks in advance:)

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yes. Your Mac should be able to see and read the Windows partition natively. If it's formatted to NTFS, it won't be able to write, but installing MacFUSE and NTFS-3G will add that functionality.

On the Windows side, installing MacDrive will give you read/write support for Mac partitions.

3. macbooknewbie12 thread starter macrumors newbie

i jus transfered a few gb of avi format videos to my mac from my vista. I tried to play the video but it does the vid never show and the audio never play but the video is playing/running. Why is it so?

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You probably don't have the necessary codecs. Where did you get the videos? Perian may help, if you don't have it.

5. macbooknewbie12 thread starter macrumors newbie

cant imovie or idvd read avi format? I tried importing my avi videos and nothing happened.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

AVI is just a container. What the applications can read depends on the codec that was used to create the video file. Like I said, Perian should sort everything out.

7. macbooknewbie12 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it worked. Persian solve the problem. Thanks alot bro:D