Is there a way I can throughly check to see if my iphone 4 is faulty or not.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RalphMac, Aug 28, 2010.

1. RalphMac macrumors member

I checked out the article by tuaw:

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/08/13/hardware-test-your-iphone-4/

And idk if its me or not..but my iphone 4 replacement (4.0.1 jb, no shsh blobs, sorry) seems a bit jerky or laggy most of the time (even when im not running too many apps, or closed some out the multitasking window). Everything else runs fine (no proxy troubles, dead pixels, nada), it does heat up at times, but cools down. Like for example, if i open the camera app, it might take a minute to open, or if i close it, sometimes it wont close like a regular app, it just goes to the home screen. I was wondering if there there's a program i can use to tell or method i could do.

So far i took a snap shoot of istAT: (in the attachment)

Maybe this is just a software issue. Idk thats way I came to you guys first. I shouldnt have to get another replacement or anything right?

PS I think i spelled thoroughly wrong so excuse me lol. And I added the TUAW link.

Attached Files:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can can throughly check it for 364 days and try to exchange it any time before that.
    But the first thing they will do is restore your iphone and then check to see for those issues again.
    They might be software related or maybe not.

3. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

Is that normal? And i want to restore it, but wont I lose my jailbreak too since i didnt have shsh blobs?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Some of the stuff you said do happen here and there while others I havent experienced. If you restore and you dont have any shsh's for previous builts then you'd be stuck with no JB till after 4.1 is out.

5. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

I see. So its possible this could be a defect? I hope not because everything else works A+. Does my istats look good? And I was reading the tuaw about the cpu issue. How would I know like if I was playing a game like N.O.V.A.? Would the graphics freeze? B/c no app so far has frozen on me.

6. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

7. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

I just was looking for a update on this. Any suggestions?

See everything works like the calling, syncing to itunes, etc. Its just like opening/closing apps there is a millisecond delay, and when im playing games like nova or etc, idk if its just me lol...I wish i could buy displayrecorder or if there was another app so i could show.

Someone suggested restoring. My only problem is i dont have the shsh blobs, and i dont wanna lose my jb, so im kind of in a dilemma. I guess all i could do is wait for a jb for 4.1, and try to restore and see if that works because if i get a replacement, there's a chance i could get one with 4.0.2 ugghh lol.

I remember my friend was telling me something about this and a similar issue he had, but he got a replacement. IDK if I have a faulty cpu or not, i cant find any similar stories or anything, and im really wondering since i dont have any physical problems nor problems with dead pixels, yellow screen, etc, then my phone must not have any defects? Will a restore REALLY solve my problem?

I know this seems a bit out there lol, but i just wanted to express my thoughts, opinions, and im just looking for an honest answer and good advice.

Its so frustrating lol!!!