is there a way, JB or not, to not accept phone calls, have them go to voicemail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Jun 12, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

2. ah123 macrumors regular

Turn on Airplane mode and then Wi-Fi? Or do you want to keep using cellular data?

3. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

4. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i want to be able to text and do everything else

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

When in lock screen push the power button twice to decline the call. When in home screen just tap on decline.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not what you're looking for but it can be done with GV.

8. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

...one of the (many) features that practically all of my previous phones (including non-smartphones) was able to do.

It'd be VERY nice to have an 'Ignore' list where any number on it would instantly go to VM without bothering me... and it's the reason why I do now use Google Voice the majority of the time.

9. waterbug2176, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

waterbug2176 macrumors newbie

As mentioned by the first response..... iBlacklist

Device must be JB and it's $12 I think but TOTALLY worth every penny!! You can set up various blacklists as well as whitelists, and customize each contact in them.

For instance, I have mine set to intercept all "unknown" and "blocked" calls and instead of voicemail I have it give a busy signal. And since those horrid telemarketers now get cell phone numbers (even those on the DNC list) if I get a call from a number I don't know I ignore it and then typically google it and if it turns out to be a telemarketer I go in blacklist and add that number from recent calls and set it up for a busy signal.

Then there are those callers that you may want to leave a message, so you add them in there and set it to automatically go to vmail without ringing. It has a feature to automatically reply to a caller with a text message that you customize specifically for that number.

You can also block text messages from numbers in the blacklist. You set it up to be active during certain timeframes only. Or you can activate it to only accept calls from those listed on your whitelist!!!! Numerous different ways to set it up. It is one of my favorite apps!

I've had it for several years now, so I don't know if it's still this way, but when I first found it you could download it for free and try it out before purchasing it.

10. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted

Go into phone settings and forward all calls to VM.

11. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

12. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton