Is there a way of making an iTunes account without a credit card?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linden, Jun 26, 2008.

1. linden macrumors regular

linden

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe they take paypal now. At least that is one of the many payment options on my screen.

3. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Where do you see that?

I live in Canada, And I chaged my country to US and i have a paypal option. Will it matter what county I make my accout in?

4. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I don't remember exactly how, but 3 years ago I managed to make an iTunes account without a credit card. Back then, I'm pretty sure there was an option to just pick "no credit card", but now they've apparently changed it. I'm still using the same account and I just buy stuff with prepaid iTunes cards.

5. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Ok. I dont mean to be rude or anything. But that doesent really help my problem. I need to no if i can make an iTunes accout in US even though im in Canada. And everything will work fine.

6. theodor p macrumors newbie

Go to the apple store and buy a 20 dollar iTunes gift card, your gonna need the 10 bucks for July 11th anyways

7. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

You dont need an accout to use thous?

8. theodor p macrumors newbie

you get an "accout" when you use "theus" (predicted past tense of "thous")

9. altmac macrumors member

Gift Card and non us itunes account

Not working. you cannot use gift card to purchase on US Itunes if in Canada and if not having a US account on itunes!
    You do need a credit card to open a US itunes account.

10. theodor p macrumors newbie

it's not rocket surgery, the guys a Canuck so am I

GO to an Apple Store, Buy a $20 gift card, register it on iTunes in the Canadian Store, and voilà, an iTunes account, money for 2.0, and some change for songs.

11. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Thanks man!

12. rma2110 macrumors newbie

Keep in mind that an iTunes gift card bought in Canada can only be used in the Canadian store. I would recoomend a US iTunmes card if you want to purchase from the US iTunes store.

Maybe you can change your country after you set up yout account. Will the credit transfer or stay in the Canadian Store?

Have a friend buy an iTunes gift card in the US and e-mail you the numbers.

13. Eärendil Guest

There's another way of doing it without buying a card.

Go to one of those sites that offer free music and give you a code (like a gift card) . btw, not popular music offered.

Then yellow pages is your friend.

Now you can have your album artwork. Finally!

14. bayDude101 macrumors newbie

15. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

16. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

17. copydeskcat macrumors regular

They take PayPal, but I've never been able to get it working.

18. amusiccale macrumors 6502

You could also get one of the VISA gift cards with cash (I think you can get them at Walmart, etc.) that operates like a credit card. You then would only deduct from it when you make a purchase, instead of handing the money to iTunes between now and then. Just to Visa instead. But then you can use it anywhere as well.

19. pjgeer macrumors member

Want a US account, when in Canada?

Outside of TOU, but buy a US$ Itunes card, go to US itunes store, choose redeem, set up account (since you have funds on the card, it won't ask for a CC), you will need a US address (where you get that is your issue.) Now you have a US account, other then some TV shows, and songs that are not in both stores not much point in this now, but Good Luck

Pj

20. dark-saito macrumors regular

eh...

You could always just buy an itunes card, click "Redeem" without being signed into an account and it will say something along the lines of "There is no itunes account tied with this card, amke a new one?" it'll take you to the registration page and instead of there being credit card options there will be something letting you know that the payment method is the itunes card.

21. djjoja macrumors member

Wow!! Thanks so much, i even got an option while creating the iTunes Account, saying 'None' beside the Optional Payment Options

Thankss

22. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

This would be the easiest course of action. A Mastercard or American Express one, or the virtual Mastercard number from Paypal Secure Card, would work as well.